What is .abc Extension virus?
.abc Extension virus is a file-encrypting ransomware virus that is part of the TeslaCrypt ransomware family. It enters computers via spam emails and fake software downloads, so you should be careful when opening email attachments from senders you do not know, and never download/update software from unreliable web pages. File encrypting ransomware encrypts your files and then demands that you pay to get them back.
We never recommend paying the ransom because you can never know if the cyber criminals will actually send you a decryption key if you paid. Usually they don’t. The good news is, files encrypted by .abc Extension virus can be restored using the TeslaCrypt decryptor. You can also get your files back from backup. Whichever recovery method you choose, you first need to delete .abc Extension virus from your computer. After you remove .abc Extension virus, your files can be recovered safely.
What does .abc Extension virus do?
The reason your computer is infected is most likely because you opened a malicious email attachment. An infected file is attached to an email and sent to thousands of users. When the attachment is opened, the virus starts encrypting your files. Those emails usually look very legitimate so it’s difficult to recognize if it could be malicious. Senders usually pretend to come from real companies or government organization to pressure you into opening the attachment. You always need to double check the sender and the contents before you open anything. You also need to be careful when downloading/updating software. Never trust not legitimate websites or random pop-ups with secure downloads. Instead of the intended software, you might end up downloading malware onto your computer.
As soon as .abc Extension virus enters your computer, it will start encrypting your files. It uses the RSA-2048 encryption algorithm to make your files unreadable. The .abc file extension will be added to all affected files so you will easily differentiate what have been encrypted. A ransom note will then be launched and it will explain what you need to do to get your files back. It will ask that you pay 0.7 Bitcoins (equals to $650, €614 at the time of this article) for the decryption key. Fortunately, you can use the TeslaCrypt decryptor to restore your files. Even if there was no decryptor, we would not suggest paying because the hackers might just take your money and ignore you afterwards. Therefore, it is paramount that you have backup for all important files. If you did, you would not need to worry about losing them. Remove .abc Extension virus and you can then proceed to file restoration.
.abc Extension virus removal
In order to delete .abc Extension virus, you will need to obtain anti-malware software. Manual .abc Extension virus removal is not impossible but it can be damaging if you do not know what you are doing. Instead, you should allow professional software erase .abc Extension virus.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove .abc Extension virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall .abc Extension virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like .abc Extension virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete .abc Extension virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove .abc Extension virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove .abc Extension virus
Remove .abc Extension virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete .abc Extension virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete .abc Extension virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete .abc Extension virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.