About About Blank?
About Blank is a blank page that will appear on your browser if you have adware installed somewhere on your computer. There is no need to panic as it is not malicious in the sense that it will not harm your computer directly. Adware generally aims to generate pay-per-click revenue by exposing you to advertisements but About Blank will merely display a blank page.
You get infected with adware when you install free software that has the adware attached to it. It is possible to install freeware without the added items but many users are not even aware of them so they cannot do anything. Adware can sometimes even direct users to malicious pages where malware could be lurking, which is why it is always recommended that users get rid of adware as soon as it makes itself known. Remove About Blank.
About Blank spread methods
Adware is usually attached to free software as an optional item but is set to install alongside the freeware. If you want to avoid such unnecessary installations, you need to pay attention to how you install free software. Always choose Advanced or Custom settings and read all the information provided during the installation. If there is anything attached, you need to deselect that something. All you have to do is uncheck a box and you can proceed to install the freeware. Using Default and rushing through the installation processes is a mistake because all sorts of potentially unwanted items could be attached to freeware and you would end up installing them. Having to uninstall About Blank or something similar can be quite frustrating so you should avoid them.
What does About Blank do?
About Blank will get into all your browsers, and that includes Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari. The most telling sign of About Blank infecting your computer is the change of your homepage. Homepages in all browsers will be about:blank and display a completely blank page. Usually, adware generates huge amounts of advertisements and exposes you to them but in this case, your browser will just display a blank page. Adware generates income by showing you ads and they can be highly intrusive and personalized. If you do see an increase in advertisements, be careful. They could be hosted on dangerous domains and if you were to enter such a domain, you could end up with a serious malware infection. So while adware is not a malicious virus, it still should not remain on your computer. If you want to go back to usual browsing, remove About Blank.
About Blank removal
We recommend using professional removal software to delete About Blank. The program would take care of About Blank removal quickly and you would not need to do anything. If you opt to uninstall About Blank manually, you will have to locate the adware yourself and that may cause problems because it is hidden. After you delete, you should be able to go back to usual browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove About BlankUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall About Blank. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like About Blank and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall About Blank and related programs.
Remove About Blank from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall About Blank from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete About Blank from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove About Blank from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for About Blank or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete About Blank from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase About Blank from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove About Blank from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall About Blank from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable About Blank and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.