What is AdamLocker?
AdamLocker is a ransomware type of virus that will encrypt your files and lock your screen. It’s a dangerous computer infection because decrypting files is very difficult and might not even be possible at all. You can infect your computer if you’re not careful when using the Internet. The primary ways AdamLocker might be distributed is via spam email attachments, fake downloads and exploit kits.
It’s very easy to infect your computer so you need to be aware of what to look out for. Once AdamLocker has infected your computer, your files will become unreadable and you will have to pay to restore them. Whatever you are asked to pay, think carefully about it. We must want you that ransomware developers oftentimes just take your money and leave your files as they are. Do not trust cyber criminals with restoring your files as they are the ones who encrypted them in the first place. Instead, you should remove AdamLocker.
What does AdamLocker do?
Firstly, you need to become familiar with ways ransomware spreads. The most popular way is malicious email attachments. An infected file could be attached to an email and if you were to open it, the ransomware would download onto your computer. You need to be careful when dealing with emails form unknown senders. Always make sure the attachment is safe to open. Fake software downloads are also a quite popular. You could get a pop-up saying you need to download/update a piece of software, and end up downloading ransomware. Only download/update programs from legitimate/official pages. You also need to regularly update all your software so that your computer does not have vulnerabilities that ransomware could take advantage of to enter.
Just like all file-encrypting ransomware does, AdamLocker will start encrypting your files as soon as it gets into your computer. Once that is done, you will be unable to access your computer as your screen will be locked. A ransom message will be displayed and explain that you computer has been infected with Adam. To unlock your files you to need to get your unlock key, which presumably will be sold to you. The note does not specify how much you would need to pay but whatever it is, we suggest you do not even consider paying. It will probably ask you to pay hundreds of dollars and not decrypt your files after you pay. What you should do is delete AdamLocker from your computer. If you had backup prior to this malicious infection, you can restore the files after you remove AdamLocker. If you did not have it, we suggest you obtain it because it’s the only thing that can ensure that your files will not be lost if this were to happen again.
AdamLocker removal can be complex and therefore, requires anti-malware software to be carried out fully. If you are not careful when you try to delete AdamLocker manually, you could end up damaging your computer. Which is why you should use anti-malware software to erase AdamLocker.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove AdamLockerUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall AdamLocker. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like AdamLocker and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete AdamLocker using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove AdamLocker from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove AdamLocker
Remove AdamLocker from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete AdamLocker
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete AdamLocker from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete AdamLocker from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.