What is Adware.JS.Agent.Q?
Adware.JS.Agent.Q refers to a potentially unwanted program, more specifically adware. It must have entered your computer together with free software because you were not paying enough attention to how you installed it. PUPs are generally not malicious and aim to generate income by exposing users to advertisements.
In the case of adware, it will attach itself to all your browsers and insert ads. You will encounter those ads everywhere you go on the Internet and they will appear no matter where you click. Usually, users have very little patience when it comes to adware because of how irritating it is. It may even be able to expose you to malicious viruses, and that could have serious consequences. Uninstall Adware.JS.Agent.Q and everything should go back to usual.
How did Adware.JS.Agent.Q get into my computer?
Adware and hijackers spread with the help of free software. This is why you must start paying close attention to how you install free software. When installing free programs you got from the Internet, always use Advanced or Custom settings. If you do, you will be shown what has been added and will be given the option of deselecting those items. All you have to do is uncheck the given boxes and then you can proceed to install the freeware. Many users rush through the installation processes in Default settings and that is why they get stuck having to delete Adware.JS.Agent.Q or something similar.
What does Adware.JS.Agent.Q do?
If Adware.JS.Agent.Q is installed on your computer, you will start seeing adverts in all major browsers installed on your computer, and that includes Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Since switching browsers will not solve the problem, you will have to remove Adware.JS.Agent.Q to do it. You will encounter all kinds of advertisements, from regular ads to pop-ups. The ads will flood your screen at the most random times no matter where you click so be cautious. You should ignore the ads as much as possible while adware is still present on your computer because you could be exposed to malicious content by them. You may be offered to obtain some kind of software but if you download it, you would probably end up with malware instead of the intended program. If you want to go back to regular browsing, you will have to uninstall Adware.JS.Agent.Q as soon as possible.
In order to fully delete Adware.JS.Agent.Q, we recommend you obtain professional removal software. The program would be able to locate and remove Adware.JS.Agent.Q fully and you would not need to worry about it renewing itself. If you opt for manual Adware.JS.Agent.Q removal, you would need to find the adware yourself and that could be tricky as adware is hidden.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Adware.JS.Agent.QUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Adware.JS.Agent.Q. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Adware.JS.Agent.Q and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Adware.JS.Agent.Q and related programs.
Remove Adware.JS.Agent.Q from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Adware.JS.Agent.Q from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Adware.JS.Agent.Q from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Adware.JS.Agent.Q from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Adware.JS.Agent.Q or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Adware.JS.Agent.Q from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Adware.JS.Agent.Q from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Adware.JS.Agent.Q from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Adware.JS.Agent.Q from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Adware.JS.Agent.Q and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.