Ageofcomp.info is a browser hijacker, capable of entering your computer via software bundles. It is not malicious by itself but it can cause your system damage indirectly if you are not careful. If you’re wondering how you managed to obtain Ageofcomp.info, it installed along with free software because you did not deselect it. The main purpose of this hijacker is to generate pay-per-click income for sponsored websites, and it will do that by redirecting you to those pages. In order to do this, it will have to change your browser’s settings. Those changes are made without your knowledge. Ageofcomp.info does not seem to be very reliable, and that is why you should choose to delete Ageofcomp.info.
Why should you uninstall Ageofcomp.info?
You probably did not even notice how you allowed Ageofcomp.info to install. It is attached to freeware because no one would willingly install it, knowing that it will hijack browsers. All sorts of items could be attached to freeware and by choosing Default settings during installation, you are automatically giving those items the permission to install, and you don’t even know it. It is not a foolproof method. You can easily prevent those attached items from installing by choosing Advanced mode. In those settings, you will be able to deselect the added items, and will not have to remove Ageofcomp.info or similar later on.
Once it’s on your computer, it will set Ageofcomp.info/search/start.html as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. These changes are made unknowingly to you and cannot be undone unless you first delete Ageofcomp.info from your system. At first, users might be fooled into thinking Ageofcomp.info is reliable because it resembles Google, even the colors match. But soon, it will become evident that it is not as it seems at first glance. It will insert sponsored websites into the results and you could be led to some weird websites. This is not a characteristic of a reliable search engine. And Ageofcomp.info seems to be able to hijack most of the leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Ageofcomp.info does not filter through the websites it exposes you to, so you could easily end up on a dangerous web page and accidentally download a malicious computer virus. For these reasons, we suggest you remove Ageofcomp.info.
You can easily uninstall Ageofcomp.info with a professional removal tool. However, if you feel capable, you can erase Ageofcomp.info manually. Do bear in mind that manual Ageofcomp.info removal will require more time as you will have to find and erase Ageofcomp.info yourself. If you do not think you can do this, use a removal tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Ageofcomp.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Ageofcomp.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Ageofcomp.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Ageofcomp.info and related programs.
Remove Ageofcomp.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Ageofcomp.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Ageofcomp.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Ageofcomp.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Ageofcomp.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Ageofcomp.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Ageofcomp.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Ageofcomp.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Ageofcomp.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Ageofcomp.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.