Alphago is an adware program that could have infected your computer through software bundles. If you find that you are seeing various kinds of advertisements in larger quantities than usual, it is worth checking your computer for ad-supported software. Adware is not malicious but that does not mean it will not affect your computer at all. It will generate huge amounts of adverts and bombard your screen with them.
Adware is incredibly annoying but it can also be dangerous, although not directly. It makes income when users click on ads, which is why you may be seeing so many of them. However, it does not ensure that all the ads are safe. If you were to click on a malicious one, you could end up with a serious malware infection on your system, which is why you must uninstall Alphago as soon as possible. And review your freeware installation habits because you allowed the adware to install yourself.
Why is Alphago on my computer?
You could have obtained the adware when you were installing free software. When downloading programs from the Internet, it is essential that you know exactly what you are about to install. You can check whether there is something attached by using Advanced or Custom settings when installing. All additional offers will become visible there and you will also have the option of deselecting if there is something. Simply uncheck the boxes and you can then proceed to install the free program. It is your choice whether to do this but do bear in mind that it is much more simple to uncheck a couple of boxes than it would be to delete Alphago later on.
What does Alphago do?
When you have an adware infection on your computer, you screen will be flooded with ads constantly. This will slow down your system and make your browser crash more often. And don’t forget all the advertisements appearing left and right no matter what page you visit. It is likely that all leading browsers would be affected, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Trying to block the ads or avoiding them will not really work. The only way to fully get rid of adware generated advertisements is to remove Alphago. Until you do so, refrain from clicking on any of the adverts because you could be exposed to malware. Not all ads are safe and the adware does not care whether they are, so you could easily end up with a serious infection. Make sure you uninstall Alphago as soon as possible.
Adware might be difficult to locate which would make manual Alphago removal very time-consuming. We will place a guide to help you below this article but if you do not have much experience, you may want to obtain professional removal software and use it to delete Alphago. The program should be able to find and remove Alphago without much issue.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove AlphagoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Alphago. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Alphago and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Alphago and related programs.
Remove Alphago from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Alphago from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Alphago from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Alphago from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Alphago or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Alphago from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Alphago from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Alphago from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Alphago from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Alphago and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.