What is BleedGreen virus?
BleedGreen virus is a ransomware type of virus and a version of the infamous Locky ransomware. It has been first spotted back in November last year and has been using spam emails and Facebook as means of distribution. If it manages to infect your computer, it will encrypt your files and demand that you pay to get them back. Locky has been around for a while and no malware researcher has been able to crack it, which means that all files encrypted by any Locky version are undecryptable at the moment.
Of course, there is the option of paying, but it’s highly possible you will not get your files back even after you pay. Cyber criminals usually take your money and not give you anything in return. Which is why we suggest you ignore the demands and remove BleedGreen virus. If you had backup prior to the infection, you can access your files there but only do so after you delete BleedGreen virus.
What does BleedGreen virus do?
According to reports, Facebook is used to spread BleedGreen virus. You are sent an attachment by a contact and when you open it, you will be directed to a website where you will be encouraged to download some sort of program. If you install that program, BleedGreen virus will infect your computer. It also uses the good old spam email method. Cyber criminals attach an infected file to an email and try to fool you into opening that attachment. Those emails look rather legitimate, usually saying the attachment is an invoice or some sort of report. It can be difficult to determine whether an email is real or not but it’s important that you always double check the sender and the contents. Do not open every single email attachment you get.
As is the case with all Locky versions, your files will be encrypted with AES-1024 and RSA-2048 encryption algorithms. All affected files will be renamed and will have the .BleedGreen file extension. When this encryption process is complete, there is nothing you can do to decrypt the files yourself. A ransom note will appear and offer you to decrypt the files using a decryptor. For which, of course, you have to pay. You will have to download the Tor browser and access a special website where you’ll be able to buy the decryptor. We never suggest paying because you cannot be sure that the decryptor will work. Or it could bring other malware onto your computer. This is why having backup is essential to all users who value their data. If you had backup, you would not need to worry about file encryption. We suggest you delete BleedGreen virus as soon as possible.
BleedGreen virus removal
In order to remove BleedGreen virus, you should use professional anti-malware software. Instructions on how to eliminate BleedGreen virus fully will be provided below. Manual BleedGreen virus removal is not recommended as it can be quite complex to carry out.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove BleedGreenUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall BleedGreen. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like BleedGreen and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Delete BleedGreen using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove BleedGreen from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove BleedGreen
Remove BleedGreen from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete BleedGreen
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete BleedGreen from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete BleedGreen from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.