What is cooliosearch.com?
Cooliosearch.com is a simple browser hijacker that can infect various browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome (although it doesn’t affect Microsoft Edge). It has the ability of changing your default search provider, home page, and new tab without asking for your direct permission. As you can see, its nature is quite intrusive, so no user should keep it. We recommend you to remove cooliosearch.com from your personal computer because it is completely useless and its intentions are far from pure.
If you examine the interface of the hijacker, you can see that it almost looks like a legitimate and reliable tool. It has a search bar and a lot of links leading to really popular webpages below it (Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, Netflix, and so on). Also, at the top of the page there are classified links to social pages, email, sports news, etc. After seeing the site, you may think that it is not really threatening, and this is one of the main goals of the unwanted application.
How can cooliosearch.com be dangerous?
You can see the disadvantages of the hijacker as soon as you start browsing. You’ll notice that the results belong to a well-known search engine Yahoo. In other words, the PUP (potentially unwanted program) steals the results while mixing them with its sponsored links. This is quite malicious – the links look similar to the real results and can be clicked accidentally. They are mainly placed at the right corner of the window, and have a tiny title “Ad”. You should not get lured by the commercial advertisements: they can cause redirections. This means that, after clicking on one of them, you may end up on a page that is corrupted and has the goal of infecting your PC with malware. Additionally, users may encounter annoying pop-ups or banners, not to mention a huge amount of coupons. Keep in mind that all ads by this suspicious hijacker must be avoided. Another feature of this infection is that it changes your new tab into http://thecoolestmoviesearch.com/, so you end up having two browser hijackers. Do not wait for any longer and delete cooliosearch.com now.
How did I get infected with cooliosearch.com?
There is no download button on the hijacker’s official page, so we can make the conclusion that it travels the Web in software bundles. It can come bundled with malicious installers, so it is advisable to be extremely careful when you download freeware from P2P sites. Also, you may get infected by clicking on a pop-up that can lead you to a corrupted website.
How to remove cooliosearch.com from my computer?
We guess that you have already understood the reasons for cooliosearch.com removal. It can be deleted by simply resetting the browsers, so it is possible to deal with the problem by yourself. However, if you think that you may not be qualified enough to uninstall cooliosearch.com, you can use a reliable malware and spyware removal application: this route is always the safest.
Step 1. Uninstall Cooliosearch.com and related programs.
Remove Cooliosearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cooliosearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cooliosearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cooliosearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cooliosearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cooliosearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cooliosearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cooliosearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cooliosearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cooliosearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cooliosearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cooliosearch.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Cooliosearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.