Copypast.ru is a browser hijacker that can alter your browser’s settings. It’s not a computer virus and will not harm your computer directly but you should not allow it to remain on your device. Browser hijackers exist to redirect users to sponsored websites and generate traffic. It can infect your computer via software bundles and most users are not aware that a browser hijacker has been installed. While not directly harmful, Copypast.ru can expose you to danger. Browser hijackers can sometimes redirect you to unsafe domains and you could end up with malware on your computer. If you want to avoid trouble, make sure to remove Copypast.ru.
How does Copypast.ru spread?
Browser hijackers are optional items added to freeware. However, they are only optional if you use Advanced (Custom) settings when you install freeware. If you opt for Default settings, added items will install automatically. In Advanced settings, just deselect the items and they will not install. Choosing Advanced settings only takes a second so you do not need to worry about the installation process taking longer. We strongly suggest you take this advice and next time opt for Advanced.
Why should I remove Copypast.ru?
Browser hijackers are useless to you. They exist to generate traffic for certain websites and earn money for site owners that way. They alter your browser’s settings, so if you find that when you open your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari) you get redirected to Copypast.ru, then you know that a browser hijacker is on your computer. If you try to change the settings back, you might not be able to without first having to uninstall Copypast.ru from your computer. The search engine that Copypast.ru provides you with might insert a lot of sponsored content into the search results and you could be redirected to websites unrelated to what you were looking for. That can be very annoying when you are trying to search for something seriously. The thing about these kinds of redirects is that they can also sometimes lead you to unsafe domains and you could end up with malware on your computer. As you can see, Copypast.ru will not benefit you in any way, so we suggest you uninstall Copypast.ru.
We suggest you use anti-malware software to delete Copypast.ru from your computer. If for any reason, you do not want to do that, you can erase Copypast.ru by hand. In that case, you will need to delete Copypast.ru related programs, including the freeware that brought Copypast.ru into your computer. Instructions for Copypast.ru removal will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Copypast.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Copypast.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Copypast.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Copypast.ru and related programs.
Remove Copypast.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Copypast.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Copypast.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Copypast.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Copypast.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Copypast.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Copypast.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Copypast.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Copypast.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Copypast.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.