Worldonsearch.com is a browser hijacker that users unknowingly install themselves. It usually comes with freeware and once on your computer, it will alter your browser’s settings so that it can redirect you to certain websites. It exists to redirect you but does not put your computer in direct danger, therefore, it is not a malicious threat. It can, however, redirect you to an unsafe domain, which could lead to a serious malware infection. So while Worldonsearch.com is not malicious, it should not stay on your computer. Delete Worldonsearch.com to avoid further problems.
How does Worldonsearch.com spread?
Worldonsearch.com, like most browser hijackers, spreads via freeware. It comes together with certain freeware, which means that when you install one, you get the other as well. It’s a vary common spread method among unwanted program developers because users are not aware that something could be attached to freeware. Always use Advanced (Custom) settings when installing freeware so that you can see what is attached and whether you want those items. If you go by Default settings, you will miss those items and they will automatically install. If you installed it, we suggest you consider Worldonsearch.com removal.
Why should I delete Worldonsearch.com?
Worldonsearch.com exists to redirect you to certain websites. In order to do that, it needs to alter your browser’s settings. You might notice that Worldonsearch.com has set its domain as you homepage, new tabs and search engine. You might not be able to change the settings back without having to uninstall Worldonsearch.com. And when you open your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) you will always be redirected to Worldonsearch.com. If you use the search engine, you might notice that the results contain a lot of ads, which would redirect you to websites that have nothing to do with what you searched for. The redirects are annoying but they can also expose you to danger. You could be led to a dangerous website and end up with a serious malware infection. Not only does it redirect you, Worldonsearch.com might also be collecting non-sensitive data about you, such as your search and browser histories, or what you buy. It could then sell that information to third-parties, who would use that information accordingly.
If order to remove Worldonsearch.com from your computer, you can use anti-malware software. If you want to uninstall Worldonsearch.com by hand, you will need to get rid of all programs associated with Worldonsearch.com. Whichever way you choose, instructions on how to remove Worldonsearch.com will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Worldonsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Worldonsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Worldonsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Worldonsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Worldonsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Worldonsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Worldonsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Worldonsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Worldonsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Worldonsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Worldonsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Worldonsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Worldonsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Worldonsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.