What is Dnspalenville.exe?
Dnspalenville.exe is an executable file that gets installed onto your computer together with an ad-supported application called DNS Unlocker. You can locate it as an active process in your Windows Task Manager, while the file itself is stored in the DNS Unlocker folder in Program Files. The software to which the executable belongs is not useful. Its main purpose is to generate web traffic and it does so by exposing you to various commercials. The adware also slows down your computer performance. If you want to get rid of Dnspalenville.exe, you will have to properly remove its associated program.
How does Dnspalenville.exe work?
Dnspalenville.exe belongs to DNS Unlocker, which functions as an ad-supported application. The tool is actually promoted as a useful program that can unlock websites blocked by your Internet service provider or the government. The software even has an official page, however, it does not provide a working download link. This means that DNS Unlocker gets distributed using the bundling method. That is not at all surprising, because most adware programs use this method to enter the system unnoticed. You need to make sure that you always pay attention to freeware and shareware installation and decline all additional offers that come with it. These offers are usually of potentially unwanted or ad-supported applications.
Once the adware gets access to your PC, it starts flooding you with ads labeled “Ads by FlashMail”, “Ads by CloudScout” and similar. The commercials may appear on any website that you visit. It does not matter if the page has nothing to do with online shopping, it will still be filled with ads. We suggest that you stay away from them as not all of them are safe. If you want to make sure that you do not click on fake adverts, even by accident, you should delete Dnspalenville.exe related program.
How to remove Dnspalenville.exe?
As it has been mentioned above, you can terminate Dnspalenville.exe by uninstalling the application to which it belongs. You can do that manually or automatically. If you choose to erase Dnspalenville.exe manually, you can follow the instructions below. If, however, you have already tried manual Dnspalenville.exe removal and were unsuccessful, you should download the anti-malware from our page and clean your PC automatically. With the help of the security tool, you will be able to eliminate Dnspalenville.exe and other unwanted files and programs from your computer and keep it protected from future online threats.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Dnspalenville.exeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Dnspalenville.exe. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Dnspalenville.exe and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Dnspalenville.exe and related programs.
Remove Dnspalenville.exe from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Dnspalenville.exe from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Dnspalenville.exe from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Dnspalenville.exe from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Dnspalenville.exe or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Dnspalenville.exe from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Dnspalenville.exe from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Dnspalenville.exe from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Dnspalenville.exe from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Dnspalenville.exe and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.