What is Faststartpage.com?
Faststartpage.com is a browser hijackers that aims to generate income by redirecting you to sponsored pages. It is not a malicious infection but it still behaves questionably. For one, it entered your computer without your permission. Do not be surprised if you suddenly find it on your browser and have no recollection of installing it.
It was attached to some free software that you installed, and because you did not notice it, Faststartpage.com was allowed to install. It will make unwanted changes to your browser and then proceed to use you to make money. This is not unusual as all browser hijackers act this way. While hijackers are not serious infections, they might be able to lead you to dangerous content. You could end up with a serious malware infection, which is why you need to remove Faststartpage.com right away.
How does Faststartpage.com spread?
Browser hijackers are distributed via free software bundles. When installing free software, you should be careful not to install what is attached to it. Pay attention to the freeware installation processes and always use Advanced (Custom) settings. You will be give the option of deselecting if something has been added. Usually, the bundled items are some kind of adware or a browser hijacker. They are in no way beneficial to you. Uncheck the boxes of bundled items in Advanced and you can proceed to install the freeware safely. Do not use Default settings or rush through the installation process because you will miss added items and they will be allowed to install. This is why you are stuck having to delete Faststartpage.com.
Why uninstall Faststartpage.com?
You will find that Faststartpage.com has been set as your homepage for all leading browsers installed on your computer, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The hijacker has changed the browser’s settings and you are not allowed to undo the changes, unless you first remove Faststartpage.com from the computer. It should also be noted that you were not asked to permit these modifications but every time you open your browser, you will be taken to Faststartpage.com, then immediately redirected to net-quick.com/ivi/. You will see search engine and it looks very basic, some users might even confuse it with Google. It even says Google Custom Search in the search bar. What this means is that your search results will be filled with sponsored content. This is how the hijacker tries to reroute you to sponsored pages. We suggest you refrain from clicking on any of the given results because you could end up on a malicious page where malware is lurking. If you wish to avoid avoid a serious threat, delete Faststartpage.com.
You have two ways to delete Faststartpage.com. If you want to quickly uninstall Faststartpage.com, we suggest you get professional removal software. The program would locate and erase Faststartpage.com for you. However, manual Faststartpage.com removal is also possible. It will take more time as you will have to locate it yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Faststartpage.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Faststartpage.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Faststartpage.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Faststartpage.com and related programs.
Remove Faststartpage.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Faststartpage.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Faststartpage.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Faststartpage.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Faststartpage.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Faststartpage.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Faststartpage.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Faststartpage.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Faststartpage.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Faststartpage.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.