G-search.pro is a browser hijacker that promotes a highly dubious search engine. It must have entered your system along with free software and that is why you need to develop better installation habits. It will make unwanted changes to your browsers and possibly expose you to questionable content. Browser hijackers aim to generate pay-per-click revenue by redirecting you to sponsored pages. Essentially, it makes money using you. The worrying thing about this hijacker is that while it is not malicious itself, it can expose users to dangerous content. You could end up with a serious virus infection if you are not careful and G-search.pro would not be to blame. We suggest you take measures to remove G-search.pro and prevent similar situations in the future.
How does G-search.pro spread?
Browser hijackers are distributed with the help of free software. G-search.pro was attached to certain freeware and when you installed it, you installed G-search.pro as well. In order to avoid these situations, you need to deselect what has been added to freeware. You can do that by choosing Advanced (Custom) settings during freeware installation. Uncheck the boxes of the added items and you can proceed with the installation process. Do not choose Default settings as you will end up having to remove G-search.pro or similar.
What does G-search.pro do?
G-search.pro will hijack your browsers and make unwanted changes. Hijackers can usually affect all browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox so it does not matter which browser you use. G-search.pro will be set as your homepage and you will not be permitted to change it unless you first delete G-search.pro from your system. G-search.pro might look like a legitimate site but when you type in a search query into the engine, you will be redirected to plusnetwork.com. Depending on your browser and the settings, access to this site would be blocked as it is classified as an attack page, which could allow malware to install onto your system. plusnetwork.com is a known browser hijacker that exposes users to loads of sponsored, sometimes even malicious, content. You would end up on weird and potentially dangerous sites just because G-search.pro wants to generate traffic. You have no need for this hijacker, uninstall G-search.pro.
It might be complex to locate this hijacker, thus making manual G-search.pro removal very time-consuming. Instructions to help you uninstall G-search.pro will be provided but if you are having trouble, obtain removal software and allow it to delete G-search.pro for you. It would be quickest to eliminate G-search.pro automatically, but the decision is yours to make. However, you must make sure you terminate G-search.pro fully so that it cannot renew itself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove G-search.proUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall G-search.pro. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like G-search.pro and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall G-search.pro and related programs.
Remove G-search.pro from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall G-search.pro from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete G-search.pro from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove G-search.pro from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for G-search.pro or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete G-search.pro from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase G-search.pro from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove G-search.pro from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall G-search.pro from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable G-search.pro and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.