What is Goodasfound.com?
Goodasfound.com is a browser hijacker that is very similar to Walasearch.com, Yousearching.com, Yessearches.com, and some others. It is promoted as a useful search engine, but in reality it does not improve the online search experience in any way. In fact, it does quite the opposite. The hijacker not only alters your browser settings, but it also floods you with advertising data, causes redirects, slows down your surfing speed, and more. You should not tolerate these inconveniences. We advise that you get rid of Goodasfound.com as soon as you can and go back to your original browser preferences.
How does Goodasfound.com work?
The hijacker switches your home page and default search provider to Goodasfound.com. This site presents you with a search box, which reroutes you to Google.com. Although Google is a reliable search engine, you should still be careful with he results that you see, because they may be altered by the hijacker to include sponsored links. Advertising content will appear on other pages that you visit as well. It will show up in your browsers no matter where you go online. You should keep in mind that it is not all safe.
The advertisements that appear on your screen are not monitored by anyone. They could easily be fake and lead you to sites containing various virtual scams. You could be presented with potentially unwanted or even malicious programs, non-existent products, bogus lotteries and surveys, and so on. Falling for these scams could result in serious problems including money losses and system damage. There is no question that you should do everything you can to prevent that. If you wish to go back to safe online surfing, you will have to eliminate Goodasfound.com from your browsers. The sooner you do that, the better.
How to remove Goodasfound.com?
In order to terminate Goodasfound.com, you will have to uninstall the program with which it entered your computer and fix your web browser settings. These tasks can be completed manually or automatically. If you choose manual Goodasfound.com removal option, you can follow the instructions we have prepared below the article. They explain in more detail how you can complete the necessary removal steps. If, on the other hand, you decide to erase Goodasfound.com automatically, you can download the anti-malware tool from our page. It will scan your PC and detect all unwanted files and programs including the hijacker. The utility will then remove Goodasfound.com along with other issues and keep your computer shielded from various infections that you may catch online. All you have to do is keep it installed and updated.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Goodasfound.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Goodasfound.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Goodasfound.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Goodasfound.com and related programs.
Remove Goodasfound.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Goodasfound.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Goodasfound.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Goodasfound.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Goodasfound.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Goodasfound.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Goodasfound.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Goodasfound.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Goodasfound.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Goodasfound.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.