What is Goojile.info?
Goojile.info is a browser hijacker that takes over your browser and makes unwanted changes. If Goojile.info is on your computer, you need to develop better installation habits as you allowed Goojile.info to install yourself. It is not malware so it needs your permission to install. If it did, your browser’s settings must be changed now and you cannot undo it. Goojile.info will not harm your computer but you might be redirected to sponsored pages so that pay-per-click income could be generated. Browser hijackers bring nothing useful to the user and just disrupt browsing sessions. It should be noted that they could also be dangerous as they could lead users to malicious sites where malware might be lurking. It should not be difficult to delete Goojile.info and we suggest you do so as soon as possible.
How did Goojile.info infect my computer?
Browser hijackers, among other potentially unwanted programs, use the bundling method to enter computers. They are attached to free software as extra items and you can decide whether you want to install them or not. If you do not wish to install them, you need to deselect them. Unfortunately, many users pick Default settings when installing freeware and you cannot deselect anything there. What you need to do is opt for Advanced (Custom) settings and uncheck the boxes of the added items. If you rush through the installation process, you will end up having to remove Goojile.info or similar, and that could be time consuming.
Why must you uninstall Goojile.info?
If you have Goojile.info hijacker on your computer, you will find that you are redirected to nova.rambler.ru/search, another known browser hijacker. This is happening because your browser’s settings have been changed and Goojile.info has set a new homepage for you. There is no use in trying to change back the settings. You would first need to remove Goojile.info from your system. It should also be noted that hijackers can affect most of the leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You should be cautious when using the provided search engine as it could insert sponsored websites into the results. It would do that so that it could generate pay-per-click revenue for those sites. This way, you could even be led to dangerous pages. If you were to enter a malware-infected page, you might end up with some sort of virus. We suggest you take your computer’s security seriously. Uninstall Goojile.info.
Using a reliable removal tool would be the quickest option to delete Goojile.info. Carry out a system scan and if the hijacker is found, allow the program to erase Goojile.info. If such a program is not an option for you, you can try to eliminate Goojile.info manually. However, by hand Goojile.info removal may take more time as you will have to find the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Goojile.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Goojile.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Goojile.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Goojile.info and related programs.
Remove Goojile.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Goojile.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Goojile.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Goojile.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Goojile.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Goojile.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Goojile.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Goojile.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Goojile.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Goojile.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.