What is Govtsearches.com?
Govtsearches.com is a website created by the company located in California. It is promoted as a legitimate search provider that can make it easier for find the information on the web, but, in reality, it is not exactly what it claims to be, for sure. It might have an appearance of a legitimate search provider, but if you analyze it and compare its search results page to the page trustworthy search tools open to users after they enter the search query, you will definitely notice that the search results page belonging to Govtsearches.com is full of commercial advertisements.
These advertisements are one of the major reasons users should go to remove Govtsearches.com from their browsers as soon as possible. We would not tell you the truth if we said that these ads themselves are malicious. No, they are not, but it has been noticed that they might redirect computer users who click on them straight to pages promoting untrustworthy applications. Of course, not all of them are bad, but since it is impossible to recognize those bad ones easily, the Govtsearches.com removal is the only solution to the problem we see.
Why do I need to go to uninstall Govtsearches.com?
Judging from the appearance Govtsearches.com has, it is an ordinary search tool. Unfortunately, it has turned out after testing it that it is not exactly true. Yes, it works well and looks harmless, but there is still one huge drawback that makes it an untrustworthy search provider. It has been noticed that a great deal of the search results it displays to users are pure commercial advertisements, as has been mentioned above. These ads promote certain pages, and it seems that the creator of Govtsearches.com gets money for showing them and leading users to those websites. Nobody knows what can be found on those advertised pages, which means that anything might be placed on them, even malicious applications. These threats will not miss a chance to enter your computer. Do not let malware easily enter your computer – delete Govtsearches.com as quickly as possible.
How did the Govtsearches.com browser hijacker enter my PC?
Bundling is a popular method used to spread browser hijackers, so we have no doubt that the Govtsearches.com browser hijacker has entered your system bundled too. Such threats usually do not travel alone. They enter systems next to free applications so that they could not be noticed by users and dismissed. It does not matter now how the browser hijacker entered your computer and changed your browsers’ settings because you still must delete Govtsearches.com as soon as possible.
How do I remove Govtsearches.com?
You should not let Govtsearches.com stay on your browsers because it is a search tool that will only bring you problems instead of making it easier to find the relevant information on the web. There are two different Govtsearches.com removal methods. You can decide to remove it manually or automatically. If we were you, we would choose the second method because it would allow us to do nothing at all except for launching the anti-malware scanner once.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Govtsearches.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Govtsearches.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Govtsearches.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Govtsearches.com and related programs.
Remove Govtsearches.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Govtsearches.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Govtsearches.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Govtsearches.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Govtsearches.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Govtsearches.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Govtsearches.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Govtsearches.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Govtsearches.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Govtsearches.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.