Guard-search.com Removal Tips
Guard-search.com (also listed as Guard-search.com virus or Guard-search.com hijack) can be categorized as a browser hijacker that will alter all of the favorite web browsers without your consent. The hijacker is capable to access Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Hence, Guard-search.com might infiltrate basically any user’s browser. Once the infection does that, you will no longer be able to see your start-up page and default search provider.
You can only make modifications to your Internet surfers, if you remove Guard-search.com. In addition, the hijacker may start to redirect you to other suspicious webpages. You should know that such visits make your computer’s system vulnerable to other threats. There is no reason why you should put your computer at risk. Thus, you need to delete Guard-search.com before it has caused even more serious issues to your PC.
What happens if I do not uninstall Guard-search.com from my computer’s system?
Without Guard-search.com removal, your computer will be flooded with all types of advertisements. In addition, the hijacker will monitor your web browsing habits in order to make sure that the generated ads seem useful to you. The gathered information may include your search terms, visited webpages, and data that you enter in those sites. This is non-personally identifiable information; however, all of it will be collected without your permission.
As tempting the commercial material may appear, you should not click any of the advertisements. This can easily lead you to the dark side of the World Wide Web. The commercial content is fake and you will be soon annoyed by the increased number of ads. More than that, these various pop-ups may slow down your computer. Hence, you should terminate Guard-search.com as soon as possible.
How to remove Guard-search.com infection from your PC’s system?
Without Guard-search.com removal, your computer will become vulnerable to the other infections. If you have found the hijacker, you should check the recently downloaded programs. Guard-search.com might have entered your virtual machine together with any of them. Also, make sure that you carefully follow the installation wizard next time you decide to install new software. Suspicious applications may be hiding in your setup process. However, if the hijacker has already managed to alter your computer, you should delete Guard-search.com right away.
There are two effective methods for Guard-search.com elimination: manual and automatic. If you fancy to fix your computer manually, you should check our manual removal guide bellow. However, our friendly advise is to erase Guard-search.com automatically. There may be other programs that have reached your electronic device together with Guard-search.com. A reputable anti-virus program will be able to get rid of all the threats automatically. More than that, by keeping your anti-spyware application up to date, you will avoid the similar problems in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Guard-search.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Guard-search.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Guard-search.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Guard-search.com and related programs.
Remove Guard-search.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Guard-search.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Guard-search.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Guard-search.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Guard-search.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Guard-search.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Guard-search.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Guard-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Guard-search.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Guard-search.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.