What is HappySearch?
If your browser keeps opening tabs with the URL HappySearch in the address bar, it must be an indication that an untrustworthy program, most likely, an ad-supported application is installed on your computer. It uses HappySearch to distribute advertisements to users, so users usually see this domain opening with commercials. These are not only extremely irritating advertisements. It has been found that they might also put the computer in danger, so the HappySearch removal is highly recommended.
Since HappySearch ads are shown to you because of the presence of malicious software on your computer, the only way to uninstall HappySearch ads fully is to find that program and erase it from the system. This domain might be used by any adware program, so finding and deleting it will not be easy. The information in the last paragraph will help you, but you will still have to put some effort into the HappySearch removal.
What does HappySearch do?
The purpose of HappySearch is to spread commercial advertisements, so this domain is usually used by untrustworthy software. Of course, theoretically, you could have ended up on this domain accidentally, but it is still more likely that you see HappySearch ads because there is a bad program installed on your computer. Remove HappySearch ads as soon as possible because they might lead you straight to malicious pages if you click on them. Do not forget that it is possible to click on these advertisements accidentally, so ignoring them is not a solution to the problem. What you need to do is to find that untrustworthy program on your computer and erase it to fully delete HappySearch ads from your screen. If you do so, you will no longer see commercials and, in consequence, it will be no longer possible to click on them. In other words, you will be safe.
Why do I see HappySearch advertisements?
The only reason HappySearch keeps appearing on your screen is the presence of an undesirable program on the computer. You could have downloaded and installed it from the web yourself, or it could have entered your computer illegally, e.g. in a bundle with freeware or shareware. Either way, you need to erase this application from your computer as soon as possible. If you do not want to end up with a new untrustworthy program ever again, enable a legitimate anti-malware tool on your computer the second you delete HappySearch ads.
How can I remove HappySearch ads?
HappySearch ads will keep showing up on your computer if you do not do anything, i.e. do not go to erase an undesirable program using this domain from your computer. The easiest way to find and delete this program is to scan the computer with an automatic scanner, but, of course, we do not say that it is impossible to erase it manually. Some undesirable programs can be deleted manually using Control Panel; however, if you have encountered a more serious threat, you will have to put more effort into its deletion.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove HappySearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall HappySearch. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like HappySearch and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall HappySearch and related programs.
Remove HappySearch from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall HappySearch from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete HappySearch from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove HappySearch from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for HappySearch or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete HappySearch from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase HappySearch from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove HappySearch from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall HappySearch from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable HappySearch and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.