What is Hohosearch.com?
Hohosearch.com is known to be a browser hijacker, so do not be surprised if you ever notice that it has replaced your homepage and search engine without permission. It is not advisable to keep suspicious search engines because it is impossible to say how exactly they are going to act, which means that the possibility that they will expose users to threats is rather high.
Hohosearch.com is no exception, so the sooner you remove Hohosearch.com, the better. It will not be very easy to delete Hohosearch.com from browsers because it applies changes, but it usually does not have an uninstall entry in Control Panel. It means that it is impossible to erase this search engine the way other simple programs are deleted. Do not worry; we are going to help you with the Hohosearch.com removal in this article, so just read it carefully and then use our instructions you will find below the article.
How does Hohosearch.com act?
We are sure that Hohosearch.com does not differ from other browser hijackers that are prevalent on the web these days. Therefore, there is no doubt that Hohosearch.com will replace your homepage and default search engine without permission. After doing that, it will start causing redirections to other web pages. This usually happens after users click on an untrustworthy search result which is returned for them. Of course, you should uninstall Hohosearch.com not only because it might present you with sponsored search results, but also because this search engine might collect all kinds of information about users day after day. If you do not put an end to this soon, you might experience privacy-related problems really quickly. This might happen because Hohosearch.com will share the collected information with third parties, and nobody knows what they are going to do with the data.
How did Hohosearch.com browser hijacker enter my computer?
It is unlikely that you have set Hohosearch.com yourself because this search engine is not a well-known one. Therefore, malware experts believe that it has managed to enter your system together with an application that falls into the category of freeware and shareware. Have you downloaded and installed some kind of program recently? If yes, we are 99% sure that Hohosearch.com browser hijacker has entered your system with it. All kinds of untrustworthy programs, including adware and potentially unwanted programs, are distributed this way, so it is a must to take care of the system’s safety in advance. We do not think that an ordinary user can do much about that, so we suggest simply installing a trustworthy antimalware tool on the system.
How to delete Hohosearch.com from your computer?
It is very important to remove Hohosearch.com browser hijacker as soon as possible because it might cause harm in no time. You can use our manual removal instructions in order to implement the manual Hohosearch.com removal, or you can simply scan your system with an antimalware scanner. We suggest going for the automatic Hohosearch.com removal if you do not know much about malware removal.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Hohosearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Hohosearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Hohosearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Hohosearch.com and related programs.
Remove Hohosearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Hohosearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Hohosearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Hohosearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Hohosearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Hohosearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Hohosearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Hohosearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Hohosearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Hohosearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.