About this threat
ExactSearch.org is a dubious search engine promoted by a browser hijacker. If you find it loading onto your computer, you need to check your computer for hijackers. Thankfully, if you do have the infection, there is no need to worry too much. It is not malicious malware so it will not harm your computer directly.
However, hijackers have this irritating feature of redirecting users to sponsored content. That is not surprising seeing as hijackers exist to lead users to sponsored content. While you should not be too worried about the hijacker harming your computer directly, you should be worried about it leading you to malicious software. You installed the hijacker yourself, albeit probably unknowingly. It was attached to free software that you installed and you could have missed its presence. You need to make sure this does not happen again, and make sure you remove ExactSearch.org.
How does a hijacker infect a computer?
Like we mentioned above, a hijacker is attached to free software as an extra offer and you must have missed it being there. It happened because you must have used Default settings during installation. Those settings do not show you anything being attached so refrain from using them. Instead, pick Advanced or Custom mode. All that is attached will be visible there and you will be able to deselect everything. We recommend unchecking all the boxes because it’s usually unwanted programs that want to sneak into your computer this way and you have no use of them. After you uncheck everything, proceed with the freeware installation. By doing this you will save loads of time because you will not have to delete ExactSearch.org or similar later on.
Why uninstall ExactSearch.org?
The hijacker will set its domain as your homepage and you will not be able to change the settings back. This will happen to all popular browsers installed, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Your new homepage will have an animated background and a search engine in the middle. When you notice these alterations, you might try to change the settings back, but will not be allowed since the hijacker will just alter them again. This will keep happening until you remove ExactSearch.org. It may seem like the search engine is reliable but be on the look out for sponsored content. Do not forget that browser hijackers aim to lead users to advertisements so that they could generate traffic and income. Some hijackers are even able to redirect users to malicious sites where malware could be lurking. If you want to ensure you avoid a possibly serious malware infection, delete ExactSearch.org.
You will probably need anti-spyware software to fully uninstall ExactSearch.org. This is the recommended options because the program would do everything. If you go with manual ExactSearch.org removal, you will have to find the hijacker yourself, which might cause problems as it could be hidden.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ExactSearch.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall ExactSearch.org. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like ExactSearch.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ExactSearch.org and related programs.
Remove ExactSearch.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ExactSearch.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ExactSearch.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ExactSearch.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ExactSearch.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ExactSearch.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ExactSearch.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ExactSearch.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ExactSearch.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ExactSearch.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.