What is LaunchPage?
LaunchPage is an untrustworthy search tool known as a browser hijacker. In some cases, it is also called a redirect virus. It is not a harmful infection, but specialists still know several reasons why LaunchPage should not be kept on browsers. According to them, its presence might result in the successful infiltration of malicious software. Second, issues related to privacy might arise too. This might happen very quickly, so the sooner you uninstall LaunchPage from browsers, the higher is the possibility that you could avoid all kinds of problems.
Browser hijackers are threats that modify users’ browsers settings, so to get rid of them, users need to go to undo those changes. In the case of LaunchPage, it usually changes both default homepages and search tools on browsers, so you will have to put some effort into the LaunchPage removal. We can assure you that it is impossible to remove LaunchPage from browsers using Control Panel, so you should read this article till the very end to find more about the deletion of this undesirable search tool.
Why do I need to remove LaunchPage?
LaunchPage usually arrives on computers as an additional offer in software bundles. When it reaches users’ computers, it immediately changes all browsers’ installed on the affected computer settings. You will surely see it in the place of your homepage and default search tool after its successful entrance. In addition, it might change your New Tab URL as well. Because of all these modifications it makes on computers, users see LaunchPage launched for them every time they open any of their web browsers. It has an appearance of an ordinary search tool, but the truth is that it is not a search provider that can be trusted, so do not use it to perform web searches even if you see it. It has been found that it might present users with a bunch of sponsored search results. In other words, this website displays advertisements to users. There is one big problem associated with them. They might open websites with untrustworthy software, and it might quickly enter your computer. Do not let this happen to you – remove LaunchPage from all your browsers today.
Where does LaunchPage come from?
Browser hijackers usually travel in software bundles, which is why users cannot tell much about their appearance on their computers. The same can be said about LaunchPage. Since it travels in software bundles and illegally enters computers, users do not even know when this undesirable search tool has altered their browser’s settings. Luckily, this can be easily changed – you just need to implement the LaunchPage removal. After getting rid of an undesirable search tool, install a security application to protect your computer from harmful infections.
How do I delete LaunchPage?
You need to delete LaunchPage from all your web browsers as soon as possible because security specialists have linked this search tool with a bunch of problems – they might emerge if a user does not do anything about the presence of this browser hijacker soon. There are two removal methods you can choose from: you can erase LaunchPage either manually or automatically.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove LaunchPageUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall LaunchPage. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like LaunchPage and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall LaunchPage and related programs.
Remove LaunchPage from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall LaunchPage from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete LaunchPage from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove LaunchPage from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for LaunchPage or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete LaunchPage from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase LaunchPage from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove LaunchPage from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall LaunchPage from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable LaunchPage and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.