What is this threat?
Plugins Button Extension is a highly questionable Google Chrome extension that may have installed onto your computer without your permission. You could have been redirected to its website and a window popped up, asking you to install the extension. Whatever you pressed on, it launched the installation. This is not uncommon and there are ways to avoid these infections and we will explain them further on in this article. Once this infection installs onto your system, it will start generating advertisements and you may even be redirected. The extension should not harm your computer directly but the ads that it generates may be able to. You could easily be redirected to something malicious and malware could enter your computer. And it would be a much more difficult to deal with. Thus, remove Plugins Button Extension before it can do damage.
How to prevent similar infections?
When you encounter pop-ups that ask you to install something, the right course of action would be to close the tab or the browser. The pop-up usually gives you two choices, “Add Extension” and “Cancel”. Bear in mind that no matter what you press on, even if it’s Cancel, the add-on will install. If you are in a situation like this, all you need to do is close the browser or the tabs. If something is preventing you from doing so, go to Task Manager and end the Google Chrome process.
What does it do exactly?
The extension will generate advertisements from the moment it installs. It only attaches itself to Google Chrome, however, that does not mean you should ignore the problem and just switch browsers. It will not go away on its own. And it’s a malicious extension, which means you need to delete Plugins Button Extension as soon as possible. You should not engage with any of the ads because you may be exposed to something malicious. The extension merely aims to make income from pay-per-click. It does not care whether you are redirected to secure web pages. You could easily be led to a malware-ridden website, where you could obtain some kind of malware. In addition to this, the extension will slow down your computer and make your browser crash much more often. We recommend you uninstall Plugins Button Extension whenever you get a free moment. The sooner the better.
Plugins Button Extension removal
To be able to remove Plugins Button Extension, we would recommend getting anti-spyware software. Those programs are designed to deal with such and similar threats so it should have no issues with Plugins Button Extension removal. You can also delete Plugins Button Extension manually but you would need to find the malicious extension yourself, which might be difficult and it may be hiding. Whichever way you choose, make sure you uninstall Plugins Button Extension fully and it cannot renew itself again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Plugins Button ExtensionUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Plugins Button Extension. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Plugins Button Extension and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Plugins Button Extension from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Plugins Button Extension from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Plugins Button Extension from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Plugins Button Extension from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Plugins Button Extension and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.