What is Safestwaytosearch.com?
If you are constantly being redirected to Safestwaytosearch.com, you have a browser hijacker installed. It’s the kind of infection that will change your browser’s settings and redirect you to weird websites. Hijackers are very noticeable infections because they replace your set homepage with their own promoted websites. They offer you to use a search engine which is supposedly somehow superior to the one you are using now, and then try to redirect you by inserting sponsored content into search results.
By themselves, browser hijacker are not that dangerous, nor should they be considered malware. However, because the sites you are redirected to are not checked, you could be redirected to a malware-ridden page, and that could lead to an infection. Another reason why hijackers should not be allowed to remain installed is their installation methods. They use the rather dubious bundling method, which involves the hijacker being attached to a legitimate program as an extra offer. If the offer is unnoticed when installing the program, it is allowed to install alongside. If this hijacker installed using this method, we suggest you uninstall Safestwaytosearch.com.
Hijacker distribution methods
If you want to stop browser hijackers from installing, you need to pay closer attention to how programs are installed. Those bundled offer installations are not difficult to prevent because you just have to deselect them. However, they are hidden, which means users who rush installation processes, don’t really notice them. To make them visible, opt for Advanced (Custom) settings. They will show you all offers that have been attached, and allow you to deselect them. Simply uncheck the boxes and you can continue with the program installation.
Should you delete Safestwaytosearch.com?
Even if it’s not a serious infection, browser hijackers should not remain installed. They cause a variety of different disruptions, from redirects to ads. As soon as it is installed on a computer, the hijacker will change your browser’s settings and set its promoted website as your homepage. This could affect all popular browsers you have installed, particularly Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Once the settings have been changed, every time you open your browser, you will be redirected to the set website. There will be a search engine provided, which will be advertised as the safest way to search. On the contrary, it’s not a safe way to search because you will encounter sponsored results. They will lead to websites whose owners are aiming to earn revenue from increased traffic. Because the security of those websites is not checked, you could easily end up on a site that has malware on it. So be careful about what you click on, and get rid of the hijacker.
It should also be noted that hijackers tend to collect information about users, such as what sites are visited, search queries, etc. That information can then be shared with unrelated third-parties.
Anti-spyware software can easily take care of the infection for you, so if you opt for this method, just install anti-spyware and allow it to do its job. It’s also not difficult to uninstall Safestwaytosearch.com manually, and you can scroll down for instructions to help you.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Safestwaytosearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Safestwaytosearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Safestwaytosearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Safestwaytosearch.com and related programs.
Remove Safestwaytosearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Safestwaytosearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Safestwaytosearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Safestwaytosearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Safestwaytosearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Safestwaytosearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Safestwaytosearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Safestwaytosearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Safestwaytosearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Safestwaytosearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.