About this infection
Strixchase.com is search engine, advertised by a browser hijacker. It’s one of those low-level infections that changes your browser’s settings so that you have its promoted site as your homepage, but it does not directly harm your computer.
Hijackers are more pests than dangerous threats. It will use the search engine to try to redirect you to sponsored sites, which is why we do not recommend engaging with it. Some hijackers are even able to lead to malicious sites, and you could end up with a serious infection. Hijackers usually enter via freeware bundles, they are attached as extra offers, and if you do not deselect them, they will install alongside the freeware. Even though it’s not a serious infection, we would recommend you delete Strixchase.com.
How do hijackers spread?
Browser hijackers are added to freeware as extra offers because otherwise no one would install them. If you happen to find this or any other hijacker, you need to pay closer attention to how you install programs. Always opt for Advanced or Custom settings when you install any kind of program because otherwise you will miss all added offers. If there is anything, it will appear in Advanced, and you should make sure you uncheck everything. Only then should you proceed to install the freeware.
Why remove Strixchase.com?
The hijacker will make changes to your browser the moment it enters your computer. You will have a different homepage, new tabs and search engine, and these changes will be carried out without your permission. They will also be irreversible unless you first uninstall Strixchase.com. Until then, every time you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will be greeted with a strange page. The only thing the web page provides is a search engine. If you choose to use it, which we don’t recommend you do, be careful of sponsored content inserted among the results. You will encounter all kinds of results leading to unrelated sites. Some links might even be malicious, which could lead to a much more serious malware infection. In general, hijackers aim to generate income by redirecting you to those sites because the more traffic the site gets, the more money the owners can make. As a search engine, this one is not very useful, as it inserts useless links and barely generates any results. We would recommend you delete Strixchase.com as soon as you encounter it installed.
You can remove Strixchase.com in two ways. Pick from automatic and manual Strixchase.com removal, depending on your experience with computers. If you know where to find the hijacker, you can do it manually. Otherwise, it would be easier if you employ anti-spyware software and have it uninstall Strixchase.com for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Strixchase.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Strixchase.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Strixchase.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Strixchase.com and related programs.
Remove Strixchase.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Strixchase.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Strixchase.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Strixchase.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Strixchase.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Strixchase.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Strixchase.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Strixchase.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Strixchase.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Strixchase.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.