What is WebCrawler.com?
WebCrawler.com is surely not a domain you can trust. It can be clearly seen that it is a browser hijacker. There are several symptoms which show that it perfectly fits into this category. First, it does not need a user’s permission to enter the system. Second, it becomes visible on all users’ browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Finally, it displays search results which can be called commercial advertisements.
WebCrawler.com changes browsers’ settings by setting itself as a homepage, search tool, and New Tab, so users quickly notice those changes. Some of them decide not to pay attention to these modifications they see, whereas others go to search for information about the WebCrawler.com removal immediately after they launch their browsers and see it. We suspect that you belong to the second group of people if you have started reading this article. We have good news for you – the last paragraph will explain in detail how to delete WebCrawler.com. Before that, you will get a detailed explanation why keeping this domain set on browsers is not such a clever idea.
What does WebCrawler.com do?
Browser hijackers are quite harmful threats although they often do not look dangerous at all. We can say the same about WebCrawler.com. Although it does not look harmful at first glance, it surely is. Well, theoretically, it does not do anything bad itself, except for changing web browsers’ settings; however, it is used as a medium for displaying commercial advertisements to users. All these advertisements might be very dangerous – they can redirect to bad websites. Some of these websites might contain malicious software inside them and try to install it on users’ computers, whereas others might simply be used to extract personal details from users – it is information which can be sold expensively. Last but not least, you could not change your web browsers’ settings until you uninstall WebCrawler.com from all your browsers fully. If you have not understood yet, this browser hijacker might become your worst nightmare, so go to remove WebCrawler.com without further considerations. You will see for yourself – life is easier without it.
How did a browser hijacker enter my system?
Browser hijackers might use a variety of methods to enter computers unnoticed, but one of them is used the most frequently. It is called bundling. It means that a browser hijacker is spread bundled together with freeware and shareware. Users get those bundles from P2P websites when they try to get a free program. From now on, stop downloading programs from suspicious pages because free software they promote is often promoted together with malware on them. Needless to say, nobody tells this to users, so they fearlessly download the application they like and, unfortunately, allow malicious software to enter their computers at the same time. If you are not going to stop downloading software from the web, you can still be safe by installing security software. Do this immediately after you delete WebCrawler.com from browsers in order not to let another browser hijacker to enter your computer illegally.
How can I remove WebCrawler.com?
Go to implement the WebCrawler.com removal from browsers today if you do not want to find malware on your computer. This infection can be deleted manually, but you can save some time by erasing it in an automatic way. You cannot use any tool to erase it – there are so many bad scanners out there. Therefore, make sure the tool you are going to use for the WebCrawler.com removal is legitimate before you use it. There is no doubt that the majority of scanners promoted on P2P pages could not help you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove WebCrawler.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall WebCrawler.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like WebCrawler.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall WebCrawler.com and related programs.
Remove WebCrawler.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall WebCrawler.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete WebCrawler.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove WebCrawler.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for WebCrawler.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete WebCrawler.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase WebCrawler.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove WebCrawler.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall WebCrawler.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable WebCrawler.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.