Lookineo.com Removal Tips (Remove Lookineo.com)
Lookineo.com is a browser hijacker that is aimed at French speaking computer users. It can modify your browser settings by changing your home page and default search engine. The hijacker may enter your computer together with a potentially unwanted application called Lookineo Toolbar.
In order to uninstall Lookineo.com and go back to your regular search tools, you will have to uninstall its associated program as well, otherwise, the hijacker will keep coming back. We suggest that you terminate Lookineo.com without hesitation.
It is rather doubtful that you actually downloaded Lookineo Toolbar yourself, especially considering that it does not have its own official page. That is why it is possible to assume that the toolbar has entered your computer with the help of other free software. Freeware and shareware are often accompanied by potentially unwanted programs, adware and browser hijackers. These applications manage to get installed without users’ notice, because they do not pay close attention to the installation wizard. However, it is possible and advisable to avoid these programs whenever you can. Always choose Advanced or Custom installation mode and decline all optional offers presented to you.
As it has been stated above, the hijacker switches your home page and default search provider to Lookineo.com. The webpage is presented in French. It contains a search box that shows you original results containing sponsored ads and links. You will also see commercial content on other pages that you visit. You should not click on any advertisements that are related to the hijacker as they may be unsafe. You should also be wary of the sites that you get redirected to in the middle of your browsing. If you want to eliminate these unwanted interruptions, you should delete Lookineo.com.
How to remove Lookineo.com?
You can delete Lookineo.com manually or automatically. We suggest that you go with automatic Lookineo.com removal, because it is a more effective solution. Download the anti-malware tool from our page and install it. Once you launch the utility, it will perform a system scan. The scan results will show you all potential threats that are present in your system. You will then be able to use the utility and eliminate Lookineo.com along with other detected threats. If, however, you decide to go with manual Lookineo.com removal instead, you will have to delete the hijacker’s associated program via Control Panel and reset your browser settings. Instructions below can help you with these tasks.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Lookineo.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Lookineo.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Lookineo.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Lookineo.com and related programs.
Remove Lookineo.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Lookineo.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Lookineo.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Lookineo.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Lookineo.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Lookineo.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Lookineo.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Lookineo.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Lookineo.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Lookineo.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.