About Lucky Starting Virus
Lucky Starting Virus is a browser hijacker that may have entered your computer together with free software. You need to start paying closer attention to how you install free software because you essentially allowed this hijacker to install yourself. It is not malicious in the sense that it will not harm your computer. However, it will make changes to your browser and attempt to redirect you to sponsored pages.
Those redirects are the reason why Lucky Starting Virus even exists because that is how it generates income. You will be led to all kinds of web pages, some of which could even be dangerous. You could be led to web pages where malware is lurking and that malware could download onto your computer. If you want to avoid a possible malware infection, we suggest you remove Lucky Starting Virus.
How does Lucky Starting Virus spread?
Browser hijackers spread with the help of free software. When you install freeware next time, use Advanced or Custom settings and you will see how many items are usually attached to freeware. This is why you need to be attentive and not in hurry when installing freeware. If you do not manually deselect those items, they will install alongside the free software. All you have to do is uncheck the boxes of those added items in the above mentioned settings and you can proceed to install the freeware. Do not rush through the installation process because having to uninstall Lucky Starting Virus and similar can be irritating.
Why delete Lucky Starting Virus?
Lucky Starting Virus will infect all your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Changes will be made to all of them and LuckyStarting.com will be set as your homepage and new tabs. The changes are made without your consent and you will also be unable to undo the modifications unless you first remove Lucky Starting Virus. Hijackers usually aim to redirect users to sponsored pages but they also track your browsing sessions and collect non-sensitive data about you. It would then be sold to questionable parties. The website itself does not cause much suspicion but it is rather useless. If you use the provided search engine, you will be taken to Yahoo. If you want to use Yahoo, just go there directly and do not use some web page that suddenly appeared on your browser without your permission. Nothing good will come of you allowing this hijacker to stay. Uninstall Lucky Starting Virus.
Lucky Starting Virus removal
There are two ways to delete Lucky Starting Virus. You can choose to use professional removal software to erase Lucky Starting Virus automatically and that would be the quickest option as the program would locate it for you. Finding where the hijacker is hiding is the reason why manual Lucky Starting Virus removal might be tricky and time-consuming. After you eliminate Lucky Starting Virus, you will be able to go back to usual browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove LuckyStarting.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall LuckyStarting.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like LuckyStarting.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall LuckyStarting.com and related programs.
Remove LuckyStarting.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall LuckyStarting.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete LuckyStarting.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove LuckyStarting.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for LuckyStarting.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete LuckyStarting.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase LuckyStarting.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove LuckyStarting.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall LuckyStarting.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable LuckyStarting.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.