Max-start.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Max-start.com)
Max-start.com, also known as Max Start Search, is a browser hijacker that gets promoted with the help of free software downloads. It can get installed onto your computer without your notice and change your browser settings.
The hijacker is compatible with all major browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It does not have any useful features. The only purpose of the hijacker is to show you commercial data. Every time you click on one of the ads, its developers make profit. We advise that you delete Max-start.com without delay.
How does Max-start.com work?
Max-start.com enters your system together with other freeware and shareware. You can download free software from pages like cnet.com, downthat.com, filewin.com, soft32.com, and similar. This software usually comes with additional offers, which are nothing but potentially unwanted applications. If you do not pay attention to the installation process, you agree to the installation of unnecessary programs without even realizing it. Make sure that does not happen again. Do not skip through the installation wizard, check all of its steps, and decline optional offers of unfamiliar applications.
Once Max-start.com takes over, it gets set as your home page, default search engine and new tab page. The hijacker’s main site is similar to Tika-search.com, Delta-search.com, Buenosearch.com, and some others. It contains a search box, search parameters, and an advert that is clearly fake. You should not click on it no matter what it claims to promote. The same goes for the search results that you will see if you make use of the so-called search engine. In general, it would be best to avoid all commercials that are caused by the hijacker. We recommend that you erase Max-start.com as soon as you can and thus improve your online security level.
How to remove Max-start.com?
Luckily, the hijacker is not malicious, so you can delete Max-start.com manually. To complete manual Max-start.com removal, you will have to uninstall its related program and reset your browsers. If you need further instructions on how to complete these tasks, you can follow the ones presented below the article. If, on the other hand, you would prefer to go with a more reliable solution, you should remove Max-start.com automatically. The anti-malware tool, which you can acquire on our page, can scan your PC and detect all of its potential issues. You will then be able to delete Max-start.com and other unwanted files and programs with a click of a button. You will also make sure that your computer stays protected in the future as long as you keep the security tool installed.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Max-start.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Max-start.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Max-start.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Max-start.com and related programs.
Remove Max-start.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Max-start.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Max-start.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Max-start.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Max-start.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Max-start.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Max-start.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Max-start.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Max-start.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Max-start.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.