My.terasgames.com is a browser hijacker that entered your computer via software bundles. If you have a hijacker on your computer, you need to learn how to install free software correctly because you allowed My.terasgames.com to install yourself. It was attached to freeware that you installed and you did not notice.
It will not harm your computer as usually hijackers aim to generate pay-per-click revenue for sponsored pages or to collect non-sensitive information. Your browser will be taken over and unwanted changes will be made. This is done so that redirecting you would be easier. While hijackers are relatively low-level threats, they can still bring about danger. You could be redirected to a malicious web page where malware could be waiting for you. If you care to protect your computer, you need to uninstall My.terasgames.com immediately.
How is My.terasgames.com distributed?
All browser hijackers use the same method to spread and that is via free software. They are attached to freeware as additional items and are set to install automatically. This is why it is important that you use Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware. In those settings, you will see what has been added and if there is something, you will be able to deselect them. You just have to deselect a couple of boxes and you can proceed to install the freeware without further issues. Hijackers use a rather sneaky method to infect computers and you should not put up with them. Delete My.terasgames.com.
Why remove My.terasgames.com?
After you install this hijacker, whenever you open your browser (be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox), you will be taken to My.terasgames.com. This is happening because your browser’s settings have been changed and My.terasgames.com has been set as your homepage. These changes were carried out without your permission and you will be unable to undo them unless you first uninstall My.terasgames.com from the system. The web page has a search engine that says ‘Search with Bing’ but then gives you Yahoo generated results. In any case, there is no need to use some questionable web page when you can just go Yahoo directly. If you use a legitimate search engine, you would not need to worry about getting redirected to sponsored or even malicious pages. Browser hijackers are also known to collect information about browsing habits and then selling it to third parties. This hijacker has absolutely no beneficial features and we recommend you delete My.terasgames.com right away.
We recommend obtaining professional removal software to fully remove My.terasgames.com from the computer. The program would find and erase My.terasgames.com for you so this would be the quickest method. However, manual My.terasgames.com removal is also possible. But you would need to find the hijacker yourself and because it is hidden, it may take some time.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove My.terasgames.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall My.terasgames.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like My.terasgames.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall My.terasgames.com and related programs.
Remove My.terasgames.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall My.terasgames.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete My.terasgames.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove My.terasgames.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for My.terasgames.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete My.terasgames.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase My.terasgames.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove My.terasgames.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall My.terasgames.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable My.terasgames.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.