What is Mytrustsearch.com?
Mytrustsearch.com looks similar to Google.com, however, it is not related to the popular search engine in any way. It attempts to mimic Google in order to convince users that they can trust it and that they should keep it in their browsers. The truth is there is nothing beneficial about the page that also functions as a browser hijacker. The hijacker changes your browser settings upon arrival and causes other inconveniences like flooding you with ads, redirecting you to unknown websites, slowing down your surfing speed, etc. It is compatible with all major browsers. You should terminate Mytrustsearch.com, if you wish to get rid of its annoying symptoms.
How does Mytrustsearch.com work?
You most likely acquired the hijacker via a free software bundle, which is why you may not remember installing it. The hijacker switches your home page and default search engine to Mytrustsearch.com as soon as it gets access to your browsers. As it has been mentioned, this page looks a lot like Google.com. It contains a search box, which shows you results from Google Custom Search. Please note that these results include sponsored links that belong to the hijacker. It would be best to avoid these links as they may be unreliable.
The hijacker will expose you to other advertising data that may be unsafe as well. You will see pop-ups, coupons, hyperlinks, pop-unders, banners, and other ads no matter which pages you visit. If you click on a fake advert, you will be presented with a scam aimed at making money off of you, infecting your PC with malware, acquiring your personal details, or similar. Risking your online security is never a good idea. That is why we advise that you eliminate Mytrustsearch.com from your browsers and stay away from all advertisements until you do.
How to remove Mytrustsearch.com?
Two options to choose from when it comes to Mytrustsearch.com removal are: automatic and manual. If you choose the first option, you will have to use an anti-malware utility. You can download the software from our site. It will scan your computer, detect all unwanted components, and delete Mytrustsearch.com without any difficulty. It will also stay useful in the future as it will keep your PC protected from other online threats. Alternatively, you can erase Mytrustsearch.com manually. You will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related app yourself and edit your browser settings afterwards. Manual Mytrustsearch.com removal instructions are presented right below the article and you are welcome to use them, should you choose to go with this option.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove mytrustsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall mytrustsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like mytrustsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall mytrustsearch.com and related programs.
Remove mytrustsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall mytrustsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete mytrustsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove mytrustsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for mytrustsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete mytrustsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase mytrustsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove mytrustsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall mytrustsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable mytrustsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.