What is Mywebtopic.com?
Mywebtopic.com can replace your home page and default search provider without your permission, which is why it is categorized as a browser hijacker. The reason it makes these changes is because it aims at generating revenue by promoting various websites. This aim is also the reason that you see various adverts in your browsers and get redirected to random sites in the middle of your surfing. You do not benefit from these modifications at all, in fact, they only lower the quality of your online experience. We advise that you get rid of Mywebtopic.com as soon as you can.
How does Mywebtopic.com work?
You most probably acquired Mywebtopic.com by accident. It spreads online in free software bundles that can be downloaded from various third-party software hosting pages. When you download freeware, what you may not realize is that unless you decline the additional offers, which are presented in its installation wizard, you also acquire potentially unwanted apps. These applications should be avoided as there is nothing useful about them. If you want to install the software of your choice without having to deal with them, you should select the Advanced or Custom installation mode and decline all optional offers that you see in the wizard.
Although the main symptom of the hijacker is that it switches your home page and default search engine to Mywebtopic.com, it also takes other annoying actions. It inserts pop-ups, banners, sponsored links, coupons, and other ads into your visited pages and causes redirects to its sponsor sites. These activities slow down your web browsing speed considerably, not to mention that they also lower your online safety level. The adverts that you see online are not all safe. Clicking on them could be dangerous as you may end up on corrupted pages containing virtual scams as a result. We urge you to stay away from all adverts until you eliminate Mywebtopic.com from your browsers.
How to remove Mywebtopic.com?
If you want to make sure that you erase Mywebtopic.com in its entirety, you should complete its removal with a reliable anti-malware utility. The malware remover is presented on our page and you are welcome to use it. The utility will scan your PC, detect all unwanted components, and delete Mywebtopic.com with them. Moreover, the security software will shield your computer from similar and more serious threats in the future. Alternative solution is manual Mywebtopic.com removal. You can terminate Mywebtopic.com by uninstalling its related program and restoring your browser settings. Instructions below can help you with this process.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Mywebtopic.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Mywebtopic.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Mywebtopic.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Mywebtopic.com and related programs.
Remove Mywebtopic.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Mywebtopic.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Mywebtopic.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Mywebtopic.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Mywebtopic.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Mywebtopic.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Mywebtopic.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Mywebtopic.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Mywebtopic.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Mywebtopic.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.