NavSmart.info Removal Tips (Uninstall NavSmart.info)
NavSmart.info is a web browser hijacker aimed at generating revenue by employing the pay-per-click system. It replaces you browser settings upon arrival and uses other tactics to expose you to advertising data. If you click on its ads or links, the creators of the hijacker make profit. It affects all web browsers that you have got installed.
The hijacker has most likely entered your computer with other freeware. That is how most potentially unwanted apps spread online. There is nothing useful about it, which is why we recommend that you terminate NavSmart.info as soon as you can.
How does NavSmart.info work?
NavSmart.info replaces your home page and default search engine right after it gets installed. The website itself does not look reliable at all. It contains lots of quick access buttons to gaming, shopping, and other sites. It also has a search box and a suspicious ad that appears above it. We urge you not to interact with the page in any way. The same can be stated about your new search provider. It will show you results that include lots of sponsored links. These links may be unreliable, so it would be best to stay away from them.
You will notice other symptoms as well. The hijacker will insert various advertisements into all pages that you visit. It does not matter where you go online, you will still see pop-ups, banners, in-text ads, coupons, and so on. These adverts may be just as unreliable as the sponsored links that you see in your search results. None of the advertising data is endorsed by the hijacker, which means that it does not hold any responsibility for it. In addition to the adverts, you will also get redirected to unfamiliar pages in the middle of your surfing. All of these activities will considerably slow down your browsing. The sooner you delete NavSmart.info, the sooner you get rid of all of these symptoms.
How to delete NavSmart.info?
You can remove NavSmart.info manually or automatically. The automatic removal option is far more reliable, because it allows you to delete other unwanted components from your system as well. If you download the anti-malware tool from our page, it will scan your PC, detect all threats, and remove NavSmart.info along with them. In addition to that, the security software will stay helpful in the future as it also functions as a malware prevention utility. Alternative solution is to terminate NavSmart.info manually. You can do that by uninstalling its associated application and editing your browser settings. Instructions on how to complete manual NavSmart.info removal are provided right below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove NavSmart.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall NavSmart.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like NavSmart.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall NavSmart.info and related programs.
Remove NavSmart.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall NavSmart.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete NavSmart.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove NavSmart.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for NavSmart.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete NavSmart.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase NavSmart.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove NavSmart.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall NavSmart.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable NavSmart.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- navsmart info
- navsmart remove
- remove navsmart
- how to remove navsmart
- how to remove navsmart info
- delete navsmart info
- how to uninstall NavSmart
- uninstall navsmart
- navsmart delete
- navsmart remov
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.