Newstimes2017.com is a browser hijacker, also known as a redirect virus. If allowed to install, it will make changes to your browsers, set Newstimes2017.com as your homepage and new tabs. It may also show you irritating advertisements, even when you browse legitimate websites. These kinds of threats are not malicious but they can bring about trouble. Hijackers aim to redirect users to sponsored sites so that they could generate traffic and in turn income.
What hijackers are also capable of doing is redirecting users to malicious sites. So while they are not malicious themselves, hijackers can lead users to malware. This is why we strongly recommend you delete Newstimes2017.com. You could have easily avoided the hijacker. It was attached to free software as an extra offer and you could have chosen not to install it. But you most likely missed it.
How does Newstimes2017.com spread?
Browser hijackers are attached to free software as extra offers. You will not notice them if you use Default mode when installing freeware. If you do not deselect them, they are authorized to install. Default settings are probably why you now have to remove Newstimes2017.com. Refrain from using those settings and instead choose Advanced or Custom. Those settings will show you all that has been added. If there is something, you will see it/them in those settings. Deselect the boxes of all additional offers and only then proceed with the freeware installation.
Why uninstall Newstimes2017.com?
The good thing about hijacker infections is that it is very obvious when you have one. Your browser’s settings will be changed and Newstimes2017.com will become your homepage and new tabs. Setting modifications are made without your permission and you are not allowed to change them back. You will first have to delete Newstimes2017.com, which you should do anyway. Until you do that, Newstimes2017.com will load every time you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. The website does not look reliable at all. It has various articles on it and a search engine. Do not engage with anything on the site and instead make sure you remove Newstimes2017.com. It may not only lead you to advertisements but also to malicious content. The hijacker could also show you advertisements on other web pages. Thus, you should avoid clicking on any adverts while the hijacker is present on your computer. If you want to make sure you will not encounter any malware, uninstall Newstimes2017.com.
To be able to fully erase Newstimes2017.com, you might need to get professional anti-spyware software. The program would find and eliminate Newstimes2017.com for you and you would not need to do anything. If you go with manual Newstimes2017.com removal, you will need to find the hijacker yourself, which may become very time consuming.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Newstimes2017.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Newstimes2017.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Newstimes2017.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Newstimes2017.com and related programs.
Remove Newstimes2017.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Newstimes2017.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Newstimes2017.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Newstimes2017.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Newstimes2017.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Newstimes2017.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Newstimes2017.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Newstimes2017.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Newstimes2017.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Newstimes2017.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.