What is Onyx Locker Virus?
Onyx Locker Virus is yet another ransomware type of virus. It seems to target only Georgian computer users. After a couple of weeks of silence in the ransomware department, it seems developers are at it again. If you opened spam email or downloaded a software update from an unreliable website, you might have infected your computer with this ransomware. Because this is still a very new virus, not everything is known about it.
One thing we do know, however, is that you really do not want it to infect your computer. Once it downloads onto your computer, it will encrypt your files and then demand you pay them for a decryption key. Even though Onyx Locker Virus demands you pay, it does not provide any means of payment. This means that unless you have backup, there is no way to restore your files. Delete Onyx Locker Virus and then restore your files from backup.
How does Onyx Locker Virus infect users?
Ransomware developers attach an infected file to an email and send it to many unsuspecting users. These kinds of emails look very legitimate, with the sender claiming to be from a government organization or a company. In most cases, these emails end up in the spam folder but many users still open them. When opening emails from unknown senders, especially if it’s in the spam folder, make sure that what you are opening is safe. These kinds of letter usually have grammar mistakes and if you use a reliable search engine, you can check if anyone else has gotten a similar email. You can also get infected with Onyx Locker Virus if you use fake software updates. We suggest you only download updates from legitimate websites.
How does Onyx Locker Virus affect my computer?
Onyx Locker Virus will encrypt your files and then demand you pay a ransom. When the ransomware is done encrypting your files, it will lock your computer and show you a ransom note. On the screen you will see text in Georgian and a picture of Kaonashi, the character from the Japanese anime film Spirited Away. The note says that victims need to pay $100 do decrypt the files but failed to inform users on how to pay. So you’re left with no way to decrypt the files. Even if there was a payment method provided, we would suggest you ignore it as most hackers pay no attention to victims after they pay. There’s nothing you can do, so remove Onyx Locker Virus. If you have backup, note that you need to first delete Onyx Locker Virus and only then restore your files.
Onyx Locker Virus removal
You need anti-malware software to remove Onyx Locker Virus from your computer. Manual Onyx Locker Virus removal is too complex and can cause damage to your computer.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Onyx Locker VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Onyx Locker Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Onyx Locker Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Delete Onyx Locker Virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Onyx Locker Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Onyx Locker Virus
Remove Onyx Locker Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Onyx Locker Virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Onyx Locker Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Onyx Locker Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.