OurSurfing Virus Removal Tips
OurSurfing Virus is a browser hijacker that is promoted as a search engine that will help you save time and energy. You should not trust the description that it provides, because the main purpose of the hijacker has nothing to do with improving your browsing experience.
The so-called virus, also known as simply OurSurfing.com, is distributed in freeware and shareware bundles. It usually comes with a potentially unwanted application. There is no point in keeping the hijacker installed, because it will not be beneficial to you in any way. In fact, it will disrupt your browsing by flooding you with unnecessary online content. If you want to go back to using your regular search tools, you should terminate OurSurfing Virus.
How does OurSurfing Virus work?
OurSurfing Virus is published by SmartWave Technology Limited. It gets distributed with the help of free software that can be downloaded from various file-sharing pages. The hijacker has been linked to such potentially unwanted programs as Yet Another Cleaner, V9.com, and some others. You should scan your system with a reliable malware scanner to check whether you have any of these programs on your PC. You will have to delete them, if you want to uninstall OurSurfing Virus.
Once the hijacker enters your computer, it changes your home page and default search provider to OurSurfing.com. This site is identical to OurSearching.com. It contains a search box and such search parameters as Web, Images, Videos and News. If you try to make use of the search engine, you will get redirected to search.yahoo.com. The results page will include sponsored ads. Needless to say, you do not need the hijacker to use Yahoo Search. Other symptoms associated with OurSurfing Virus are Internet connection slow downs, increased amount of commercial data, redirects in the middle of your browsing, and tracking cookies. If you want to eliminate these symptoms, you will have to delete OurSurfing Virus from your browsers.
How to remove OurSurfing Virus?
It would be best to implement an anti-malware tool to delete OurSurfing Virus from your system. The reason we recommend going with the automatic OurSurfing Virus removal option is because the browser hijacker is not the only unwanted program in your system. If you download the malware remover from our page, you will be able to scan your PC and detect all potential threats. Once you do, the software will eliminate OurSurfing Virus along with other unwanted files and programs. It will also continue being useful in the future by providing you with real-time online protection. Alternative solution is to remove OurSurfing Virus manually. If that is what you decide to do, you can use the instructions presented below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove OurSurfing.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall OurSurfing.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like OurSurfing.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall OurSurfing.com and related programs.
Remove OurSurfing.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall OurSurfing.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete OurSurfing.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove OurSurfing.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for OurSurfing.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete OurSurfing.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase OurSurfing.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove OurSurfing.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall OurSurfing.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable OurSurfing.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.