What is Qip.ru?
Qip.ru is a web page that might replace your homepage and search engine on all the browsers, i.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. It seems that this web page is targeted at users living in Russia primarily because it has the .ru domain and all the texts available on it are in Russian. At first sight, Qip.ru looks like a useful web page. Users can easily access various articles from it, check the weather forecast, and even search for the information. Unfortunately, Qip.ru cannot be called beneficial even though it looks quite decent. There are several reasons why we cannot trust it. You will find out more about Qip.ru in this article. You will also be told how to remove Qip.ru easily and quickly from browsers.
How does Qip.ru work?
Qip.ru is often considered a browser hijacker because of its ability to apply changes without permission. Actually, you should never trust web pages that appear without permission because 99% of them are harmful. Qip.ru is not a good search engine itself. We have managed to find out that this page contains links that lead to untrustworthy web pages. In addition, these bad links might be incorporated among the search results which will be provided for you if you enter a keyword into the search box. If you keep clicking on these links and ads that belong to third parties, you might infect your system with malicious software really quickly. We are sure that you do not want to allow malicious software to enter your system, so we suggest that you uninstall Qip.ru right now. You should delete Qip.ru also because it might violate your privacy really quickly. According to specialists who test malware, this browser hijacker might even record personal information about you and then send it to third parties.
How did Qip.ru browser hijacker enter my system?
There are hundreds of different browser hijackers on the web; however, they are all distributed rather similarly. We have managed to find out that Qip.ru usually travels in software bundles and might sneak onto computers silently. Unfortunately, there is a possibility that other untrustworthy programs have been installed alongside Qip.ru if you see the presence of this web page. To protect your system from future threats, you should install a security tool on your computer. It is a must to keep it there all the time in order to protect the system from harm.
How to delete Qip.ru from my browsers?
It is a must to remove Qip.ru as soon as possible if you do not want to cause harm to your system. It might seem that it is difficult to eliminate this infection; however, it will not be difficult at all if you use an automatic tool in order to implement the Qip.ru removal. You can, of course, go for the manual Qip.ru removal too. Keep in mind that this browser hijacker cannot be erased via Control Panel, so you need to reset browsers. Do not forget to erase infections that have slithered onto your PC together with this hijacker too.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Qip.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Qip.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Qip.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Qip.ru and related programs.
Remove Qip.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Qip.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Qip.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Qip.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Qip.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Qip.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Qip.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Qip.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Qip.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Qip.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.