What is 4yendex.com?
4yendex.com is advertised as ‘the world’s most private search engine’ but is considered to be a browser hijacker by specialists. It’s classified as that because it can infect your computer without you knowing and will redirect you to sponsored websites. It’s not a virus and it’s not malicious but we do not recommend you keep it on your computer. It will take control of your browser and make unwanted changes, such as setting its domain as your homepage. There are much more reliable private search options so we suggest you eliminate 4yendex.com.
How does 4yendex.com spread?
If you were to visit 4yendex.com, you could add it to your browser and set it as your homepage. If you did not do that, however, you must have installed it along with freeware. This is not uncommon as many unwanted program developers uses this method to distribute their items. It’s an optional item and you do not have to install it if you do not want it but because most users do no know how to stop it, 4yendex.com installs anyway. That usually happens if you use Default settings during freeware installation because those settings do not show you added items. If you want to avoid that, you need to use Advanced settings, they will show you all additional items and you will be able to deselect them. While this is a legal way to spread these kinds of items, it’s rather sneaky so we suggest you delete 4yendex.com from your computer.
Why should I uninstall 4yendex.com?
4yendex.com is not malicious malware but can still be called a redirect virus. When it enters your computer, it will hijack your browser and set itself as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. You might also not be able to change the settings back without first having to remove 4yendex.com. The search engine results might contain a lot of sponsored content and you could be redirected to websites that have nothing to do with what you were searching for. They could also be dangerous. 4yendex.com is not responsible for the websites it offers you as search results. So if you end up on a website with malware, which you could end up downloading unknowingly, 4yendex.com would not be responsible. You might want to reconsider keeping it and uninstall 4yendex.com.
If you have anti-malware software, you can use that to remove 4yendex.com from your computer. If that is not something you wish to do, you can delete 4yendex.com manually. It should be noted that you will need to erase 4yendex.com related programs. Instructions on 4yendex.com removal will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove 4yendex.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall 4yendex.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like 4yendex.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall 4yendex.com and related programs.
Remove 4yendex.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall 4yendex.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete 4yendex.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove 4yendex.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for 4yendex.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete 4yendex.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase 4yendex.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove 4yendex.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall 4yendex.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable 4yendex.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.