Am-15.net is a browser hijacker that must have entered your computer together with software bundles. You need to start being more careful about how you install free software because you allowed Am-15.net to install yourself. If was attached to some freeware that you install and because you did not notice it, it was allowed to install.
Browser hijackers are not considered to be malicious nor do they harm computers directly. However, Am-15.net will make changes to your browser and try to redirect you to sponsored pages. You may be putting your computer in danger by allowing it to stay because while it’s not malicious itself, it can lead you to malicious content. To avoid possibly infecting your computer with malware, we suggest you delete Am-15.net.
How does Am-15.net spread?
The hijacker will suddenly appear on your browser when you install freeware. It was bundled together with the free program and needed to be deselected. If you do not do that, you are allowing everything that is attached to the program to install. To prevent this from happening, use Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation. You will be provided with the option of deselecting everything that has been added. Since all you have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes it does not take any extra time. Do not rush through the installation process in Default settings because that is why you are stuck having to remove Am-15.net in the first place.
Why uninstall Am-15.net?
Once the hijacker installs onto your computer, it will change your browser’s settings without your permission. Am-15.net will become your homepage so every time you open your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers you will be redirected there. These unwanted changes are made without your permission but that is typical for a hijacker. You will be unable to undo the modifications until you delete Am-15.net. The web page does not look reliable at all, it has 6 options related to computer security to choose from, as well as a search engine. We do not suggest clicking on any of the provided services or using the search engine. If you type in a search into engine, all you would be given is a couple of sponsored results. Do not click on them because you will only be led to weird pages so that the hijacker can generate income. Worst case scenario, you could even be led to malicious sites and end up with a malware infection. Remove Am-15.net.
In order to fully uninstall Am-15.net, you might need to acquire anti-malware software. The program would take care of Am-15.net removal and you would not need to do anything. You can try to erase Am-15.net manually but locating it may cause issues. There will be instructions provided below this article to help you eliminate Am-15.net.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Am-15.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Am-15.net. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Am-15.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Am-15.net and related programs.
Remove Am-15.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Am-15.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Am-15.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Am-15.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Am-15.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Am-15.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Am-15.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Am-15.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Am-15.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Am-15.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.