About Amazon Assistant
Amazon Assistant is potentially unwanted program (PUP) that enters your computer along with free software. PUP are not malicious applications they usually aim to generate income by exposing you to advertisement content/ads. PUPs are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install alongside.
If you want to prevent these unwanted installations, you either should stop installing freeware altogether or pay closer attention to how you do it. You are not obligated to install the PUPs together with the freeware but if you do not notice them, you are essentially allowing added items to install. This particular program will generate huge amounts of advertisements and then expose you to them. The ad-supported program makes income by showing you those ads so you will see a lot of them. We suggest you remove Amazon Assistant if you want to stop the ads.
How does Amazon Assistant spread?
Possibly unwanted programs are attached to free software as additional items and while they are optional, many users end up installing them anyway. When you install anything, it is important that you pay close attention to the whole process. If possible, use Advanced (Custom) settings and avoid using Default. In Advanced, you will see everything that has been added and will also be given the option of deselecting those added items. Using those settings does not take any extra time as all you have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes. If you have a habit of rushing through the installation processes, it is no wonder you are stuck having to uninstall Amazon Assistant now.
Why delete Amazon Assistant?
As soon as you install Amazon Assistant, the program will change your browser’s settings. The homepages of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be changed but you will not be asked to permit these changes. You will also not be able to undo the setting changes unless you first remove Amazon Assistant. You will be stuck with whatever the PUP assigns you until then. You will start seeing loads of advertisements as you browse the Internet as that is how it generates income. The ads can become irritating rather quickly as they will follow you everywhere. You will see all kinds of promotional content but not all of it might be real. The great deals you see might not actually exist. While not always the case, adware programs can sometimes expose users to malicious content and this could lead to a serious infection. To be on the safe side, it is best if you do not have nay advertising-supported software on your computer. Uninstall Amazon Assistant.
Sometimes users struggle with locating PUPs thus manual Amazon Assistant removal might be complex. If you cannot erase Amazon Assistant yourself, employ professional removal software. If the program can locate the PUP, it should be able to erase Amazon Assistant fully without issue. After you eliminate Amazon Assistant, you will be able to change settings and go back to usual browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Amazon AssistantUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Amazon Assistant. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Amazon Assistant and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Amazon Assistant and related programs.
Remove Amazon Assistant from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Amazon Assistant from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Amazon Assistant from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Amazon Assistant from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Amazon Assistant or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Amazon Assistant from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Amazon Assistant from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Amazon Assistant from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Amazon Assistant from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Amazon Assistant and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- amazon assistance removal
- delete amazon assistant
- fake amazon assistant virus
- how do find control pANEL in windows 7you delete amazon assistant
- how to remove amazon assistant
- remove amazon assistent
- removing amazon assistant
- uninstall amazon assistant mac
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.