What is AmiSites?
AmiSites is a useless search engine and a browser hijacker. It can infect your computer when you install freeware and use Default settings. You would not even notice it entering your computer. Before you panic, we can assure you that it’s not a computer virus and will not harm your computer directly. However, browser hijackers can expose you to unsafe content and lead you to dangerous websites.
Browser hijackers are developed to generate traffic for certain websites and they will not improve your browsing experience. But AmiSites is pretty useless, even as a browser hijacker. The search engine generates no results, which makes redirecting user much more difficult. In any case, a browser hijacker has no place on your computer, which is why we strongly suggest you remove AmiSites from your computer.
Why should I uninstall AmiSites?
If AmiSites has managed to infect your computer, then you must have recently installed freeware and not paid attention to the process. You might not be aware of this but freeware, in most cases, has certain items attached to it. Like a browser hijacker, adware or other potentially unwanted items. Default settings allow those items to install automatically. However, if you opt for Advanced or Custom settings, you will be able to deselect them. Always opt for those settings and you will avoid unwanted installations.
If it has already installed onto your device, then your browser’s settings must have already been changed. It can attach itself to all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. It will alter your browser’s settings and set your homepage, new tabs and search engine to AmiSites. Once that has happened, you might not be able to change the settings back without first having to remove AmiSites from your computer. The website is very basic, provides a search engine and links to top searches. The search engine generates no results, whatever you search for, it will say that it could not find anything. That’s a pretty useless feature, what good is a search engine that gives no results. It can’t even redirect you to sponsored websites, which is the main reason browser hijackers exist. AmiSites will monitor your browsing sessions and gather certain kinds of information about you. Not names or email addresses (unless you provide them yourself) but rather non-personal information. IP addresses, websites you visited, what you searched for, AmiSites will have access to it. In order to protect your privacy, we suggest you delete AmiSites as soon as possible.
As you can see, AmiSites is completely useless to you as it does not work properly. You should not need more reasons to delete AmiSites. You can use anti-malware software to uninstall AmiSites. Or you can erase AmiSites by hand. Instructions for AmiSites removal will be provided.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove AmiSitesUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall AmiSites. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like AmiSites and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall AmiSites and related programs.
Remove AmiSites from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall AmiSites from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete AmiSites from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove AmiSites from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for AmiSites or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete AmiSites from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase AmiSites from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove AmiSites from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall AmiSites from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable AmiSites and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- what is amisites
- ami sites virus
- how to remove ami sites from my browser
- remove ami sites from ie
- remove amisites homepage internet explorer
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.