About this threat
AVBoost is an adware program that will generate huge amounts of advertisements and bombard your screen with them. Adware is short for advertising-supported software and it aims to make pay-per-click revenue. It is not a malicious computer virus but it may as well be, with the way it’s acting. It is quite easy to notice an adware infection as you will see an increase in ads.
However, adware symptoms can be confused with those of malware, especially by those who do not know how adware acts. This particular adware is advertised as a Settings Manager tool that allows you to change the volume, brightness, take screenshots, turn off WiFi and and set a timer. These things are easily done without some questionable tool. You got the adware when you were installing free software, and probably did not pay enough attention to how you did it. If you want to remove AVBoost Ads, you will need to get rid of adware.
How is adware distributed?
If you have ad-supported software on your computer, you may not be aware of this but adware, hijackers and other kinds of potentially unwanted programs are attached to free software as additional offers. They are set to install alongside so if you do not want to install them, you will have to manually deselect them. In order to do that, all you need to is use Advanced or Custom settings and uncheck the boxes that become visible there. Extra offers are only visible there so make sure you choose those settings instead of Default. Those settings will not show you any additional offers and they will install automatically. Having to uninstall AVBoost Ads might not be easy so it’s best if you prevent unwanted installations from the very beginning.
Does adware affect my computer?
It is very noticeable when adware inhabits your computer. An increased amount of ads will appear on all leading browsers installed on your computer and they will come in all kinds of shapes and forms. Pop-ups will be the most annoying ones as they will just suddenly pop-up. This could happen on all leading browsers installed, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Since the adverts will appear on all browsers, the only way to delete AVBoost Ads would be to eliminate the adware. We recommend you refrain from engaging with the ads until you do so. Some ad-supported software generated ads could be malicious and might expose you to malware, which could lead to a serious malware infection. You must be eager to remove AVBoost Ads so you can move on to the AVBoost Ads removal section.
AVBoost Ads removal
If you choose to uninstall AVBoost Ads manually, you will have to find the adware yourself, which could be tricky as it may be hiding. This is why we would recommend you delete AVBoost Ads causing adware using anti-spyware software. This would be the quickest way as the program would do everything for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove AVBoost AdsUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall AVBoost Ads. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like AVBoost Ads and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall AVBoost Ads and related programs.
Remove AVBoost Ads from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall AVBoost Ads from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete AVBoost Ads from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove AVBoost Ads from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for AVBoost Ads or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete AVBoost Ads from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase AVBoost Ads from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove AVBoost Ads from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall AVBoost Ads from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable AVBoost Ads and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.