Baidu Toolbar Removal Tips (Delete Baidu Toolbar)
Baidu is a toolbar that belongs to the Conduit family. It is also classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and can cause some troubles to the owners of the infected PC. First of all, you should know the exact aims of this toolbar. It is called Baidu, and this is the name of one of the most popular and biggest search engines in China. You have to know that the PUP has stolen its name from a legitimate toolbar that belongs to the official Baidu website.
This toolbar is not categorized as a PUP because it is spread honestly: people download it willingly. The Baidu Toolbar that we are talking about is a different thing: it has nothing to do with the Chinese website. Because of this, users should remove Baidu Toolbar from their computers: the PUP is nothing more than a simple online infection.
Why is Baidu Toolbar dangerous?
The main problem and the reason for Baidu Toolbar removal is the browser hijacker that comes with it. It is named conduit.search.com and is very unreliable. Sure, the interface does not look suspicious because it does not have ads on it. Also, the engine produces results that are original. Nevertheless, it is mandatory to erase Baidu Toolbar as soon as possible. The browser hijacker that has possibly replaced your home page, default search provider, and new tab can help hackers install malware onto your PC by providing you with sponsored links and suspicious advertisements that can be either commercial or non-commercial. If you decide to stick with conduit.search.com, your computer might start developing certain symptoms such as freezing or crashing. If you really care about the capacity of your computer, uninstall Baidu Toolbar so that the hijacker would also be eliminated. It is worth mentioning that even your personal information can be gathered and sent to cyber criminals if you do not delete Baidu Toolbar in time.
How did my PC get infected with Baidu Toolbar?
This is the link for downloading the toolbar: http://baidu.ourtoolbar.com/. However, few users actually go there and install the useless PUP. the application is mainly distributed in freeware bundles because it is not really popular. Many potentially unwanted programs are spread like this, and your computer might be full of them right now! In order to stay away from such applications, you should be extremely cautious when it comes to downloading free programs, especially from file sharing websites. Choosing Advanced/Custom installation should be enough. Of course, this will not help if you do not read all the information that is displayed on the Installation Wizard.
How to remove Baidu Toolbar from my computer?
If you are concerned about Baidu Toolbar removal, worry no more: we can offer you the best anti-malware and anti-spyware program that would uninstall Baidu Toolbar and other potentially unwanted applications that have entered your PC without your consent. All you have to do is let the security tool scan your computer.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Baidu ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Baidu Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Baidu Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Baidu Toolbar and related programs.
Remove Baidu Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Baidu Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Baidu Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Baidu Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Baidu Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Baidu Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Baidu Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Baidu Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Baidu Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Baidu Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.