What is Balloonstab.com?
Balloonstab.com is a website that becomes set on users’ browsers after installing the BalloonsTab extension. It has been developed to work on Google Chrome only, but if you discover a new page set on all other browsers too, it still means that this extension is inside the system. It claims that users could customize their homepages and New Tab pages if they install it, and, unfortunately, there are some users who do that.
Of course, they do not know that their browsers’ settings will be changed to open Balloonstab.com automatically. Since Balloonstab.com is closely associated with the extension called BalloonsTab, the only way to fully uninstall Balloonstab.com from browsers is to eliminate that browser extension. You will find answers to all your questions about the Balloonstab.com removal in this article, so you should definitely continue reading what we have to say here.
How does Balloonstab.com act?
Many users find a new website Balloonstab.com undesirable because it replaces their homepages and, in some cases, default search tools and New Tab pages. It might look like an ordinary page, but the truth is that it is not, and, unfortunately, we do not think that it can be trusted fully either. It is not considered a trustworthy website because it might present users with third-party links. They might redirect users to third-party pages seeking to promote those pages. Anything can be found on them, even malicious software, so users should try to remove all those links from their sight. Sadly, it is not very easy to do that. Actually, the only way to make them all gone is to implement the Balloonstab.com removal. The Balloonstab.com removal means that you will have to get rid of BalloonsTab fully. There is no other way to do that. We are sure you will find a more trustworthy extension to replace this one with, so its deletion is not a huge loss.
Why do I see Balloonstab.com on my browsers?
We believe users when they say that they have not set Balloonstab.com on browsers willingly, but we do not believe them when they claim that they do not have BalloonsTab installed on their browsers. It has been found that the presence of Balloonstab.com is directly linked to the entrance of this extension, so there is no doubt that you have it installed on browsers even if you do not know about that. Luckily, there is a way to prevent undesirable software from entering the system the next time – install an automatic tool for protecting your computer.
How do I remove Balloonstab.com from browsers?
There is only one way to delete Balloonstab.com from browsers – go to get rid of the extension which has set it there. It might not be easy to erase it manually, so we prefer the automatic method. If you choose to remove Balloonstab.com automatically, you will only need to get a reputable malware remover. Then, your job will be to launch it to delete Balloonstab.com. Use only a reputable tool – you cannot get one from a file-sharing website, we can assure you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove BalloonstabUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Balloonstab. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Balloonstab and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Balloonstab and related programs.
Remove Balloonstab from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Balloonstab from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Balloonstab from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Balloonstab from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Balloonstab or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Balloonstab from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Balloonstab from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Balloonstab from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Balloonstab from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Balloonstab and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.