BandwidthStat is adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). It can infect your computer when you carelessly install freeware and you won’t even notice it. Most users are unaware that adware is running on their computers because it works silently. But if you noticed that you are seeing a big increase in ads, and they much more intrusive than normal, there’s high chance that adware is present on your computer. Not only does adware generate big amounts of ads, it also collect information about you. It’s not a virus and is not very dangerous by itself but if you value your privacy and security, you should delete BandwidthStat adware as soon as possible.
How does BandwidthStat spread?
Adware is bundled together with freeware. When you install something, you are given the option of installing in either Default settings or Advanced (Custom). If you choose Default, you are agreeing to install all added items (adware, browser hijacker or other PUPs). You might not even be aware of them and yet you agree to install them. That is why you need to select Advanced settings. When you click on it, a list of added items will appear and you will have the option of deselecting them, which would prevent them from installing. It does not take up any extra time to opt for Advanced settings and you will save time because you will not have to remove BandwidthStat or other similar PUPs.
Why must I uninstall BandwidthStat?
When adware installs on your compute, it will insert ads everywhere you go on the Internet. They can appear as banners, pop-ups or just your regular ads. Some users might think that the ads are useful as they give you great deals. Deals that are a bit too good to be true. Some of those ads might be hosted on dangerous domains and if you were to click on an ad, you might redirected to that domain. And worst case scenario, you will end up with dangerous malware on your computer. BandwidthStat also collect information about you, such as IP addresses or web and search histories. It then uses that information to make ads specifically so that you might find them tempting. Adware also slows down your computer and makes your browser crash more often. As you can see, it has no beneficial features, so your best bet is to delete BandwidthStat.
Your anti-malware software should be able to uninstall BandwidthStat without problems but if you do not have it on your computer, you can remove BandwidthStat by hand. Instructions on BandwidthStat removal will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove BandwidthStatUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall BandwidthStat. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like BandwidthStat and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall BandwidthStat and related programs.
Remove BandwidthStat from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall BandwidthStat from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete BandwidthStat from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove BandwidthStat from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for BandwidthStat or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete BandwidthStat from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase BandwidthStat from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove BandwidthStat from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall BandwidthStat from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable BandwidthStat and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.