What is BasicScan Search?
BasicScan Search is a website similar to a hundred of other pages that pretend to be good search tools. It enters computers and then sets itself on browsers with the help of a browser hijacker infection, so many users find its presence very surprising. Some people do not go to remove BasicScan Search immediately because it looks like an ordinary search provider, whereas others immediately understand that it is not a good search tool because it changes the settings of browsers without permission. Do not trust search engines even though they look quite trustworthy if they are set up without your direct permission. We suggest that you go to uninstall BasicScan Search from browsers for the same reason too – it is an untrustworthy search tool. Of course, you will find it explained further in this article why this search engine cannot be called trustworthy.
How does BasicScan Search act?
Many search tools fall into the category of unreliable search providers because, even though they work quite well at first glance, they provide users with unreliable search results. This is the main drawback of BasicScan Search. It has been found that a bigger part of the search results it shows to users are simple commercial advertisements. They might be quite harmful in a sense that they can take to third-party websites containing untrustworthy applications. These web pages might also record personal information with an intention of selling it later and getting much money. Nobody is going to give you half of this money, and you will definitely not know that your personal details are owned by somebody. You can protect your PC from the entrance of malicious software and other problems the use of BasicScan Search might cause by going to delete BasicScan Search from all browsers. The sooner you do that, the better.
Where does BasicScan Search come from?
BasicScan Search comes together with a browser hijacker infection so that it could change the settings of users’ browsers without permission. Browser hijackers often hide on file-sharing and similar websites, and they often enters computers with additional free software promote there. This free software might not be dangerous at all, so users do not suspect that a browser hijacker will be installed together with it. You can protect your computer by installing security software. Also, download applications only from reliable websites. Last but not least, make sure you click on the good Download button in order not to install software bundle promoting bad applications by clicking on the fake one.
How do I delete BasicScan Search?
No matter you decide to remove BasicScan Search manually or automatically, you need to erase this untrustworthy search tool fully from your browsers. Of course, the manual BasicScan Search removal is not so easy if compared to the automatic one, so if you do not have much experience with malware removal, go to implement the automatic BasicScan Search removal instead. You should only use a trustworthy security application to get rid of this unreliable search provider, so do not even look at tools promoted on third-party websites. They might really cause trouble.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove BasicScan SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall BasicScan Search. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like BasicScan Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall BasicScan Search and related programs.
Remove BasicScan Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall BasicScan Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete BasicScan Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove BasicScan Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for BasicScan Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete BasicScan Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase BasicScan Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove BasicScan Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall BasicScan Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable BasicScan Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.