Bittorrent.inspsearch.com Removal Instructions (Uninstall Bittorrent.inspsearch.com)
Bittorrent.inspsearch.com is a browser hijacker that spreads online through DomaIQ download managers. It belongs to the “Inspsearch” group of hijackers, which also includes such members as Omigaplus.inspsearch.com, Govome.inspsearch.com, Utorrent.inspsearch.com, Airzip.inspsearch.com, and some others.
Once inside, the hijacker changes your browser settings without your approval and makes other modifications like inserting ads into your visited pages, causing redirects, and more. It disrupts and slows down your surfing. That is why we advise that you waste no time and eliminate Bittorrent.inspsearch.com from your browsers as soon as you can.
As it has been stated above, the hijacker uses the bundling distribution method. It has been linked to a potentially unwanted program called WPM17. This application may have entered your PC together with the hijacker when you were installing some other software. You should always keep in mind that during free software installation you are likely to be presented with additional offers. We urge you to decline them, because they are usually browser hijackers, adware, or other useless programs. If you wish to avoid them, you should always choose the Advanced installation mode and deselect all unfamiliar applications.
Once the hijacker takes over your browsers, it switches your home page and default search engine to Bittorrent.inspsearch.com. The page presents you with a search box and such search parameters as Web, Images, Videos, and News. If you enter a query into the box, you will get results filled with sponsored content. You will not be able to search the Internet efficiently with this tool. In addition to that, the hijacker will also flood your browsers with various pop-ups, banners, coupons, and other ads and cause redirects to unfamiliar pages. These activities will slow down your surfing speed and expose you to unsafe data. We recommend that you terminate Bittorrent.inspsearch.com without hesitation.
How to remove Bittorrent.inspsearch.com?
You can remove Bittorrent.inspsearch.com manually or automatically. If you choose manual Bittorrent.inspsearch.com removal option, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related application (WPM17 or a different one) and fix your browser settings. You can do that with the help of the step-by-step instructions provided below the article. Alternatively, you can delete Bittorrent.inspsearch.com automatically by implementing a powerful malware removal tool. The utility, which you can download from our page, will scan your PC, detect all threats, and delete Bittorrent.inspsearch.com along with them. It will also protect your computer from other online infections, so that you can surf the Web without any worries.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Bittorrent.inspsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Bittorrent.inspsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Bittorrent.inspsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Bittorrent.inspsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Bittorrent.inspsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Bittorrent.inspsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Bittorrent.inspsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Bittorrent.inspsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Bittorrent.inspsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Bittorrent.inspsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Bittorrent.inspsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Bittorrent.inspsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Bittorrent.inspsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Bittorrent.inspsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.