Browser Redirect Virus Removal Guide
Browser Redirect Virus is a very annoying cyber-threat that will not leave you alone unless you get rid of it. It can easily affect all the browsers you own (including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox). What is more, it can appear even if you don’t use Google at all: the virus can easily show itself even when people use such search providers as Yahoo, Bing, and others.
The virus is, unfortunately, quite popular at the moment, having infected millions of users all over the world. If you don’t want to be its victim anymore, remove Browser Redirect Virus right now! This is an intruder that ruins your default settings without your permission, and it means that it has no rights to stay on your computer system any longer.
Why is Browser Redirect Virus dangerous?
This virus might work as a browser hijacker but it is not its main purpose of existence. As it can be guessed from its name, it specializes in redirecting users to dangerous websites. Just imagine: you are browsing as always and suddenly you are redirected to a page that you have never seen before in your life! The sites that you might get sent to can be extremely dangerous in their nature. For example, you may find tons of threatening advertisements that are designed to download malware onto your computer as soon as they are clicked! What is more, if you do not delete Browser Redirect Virus now, certain problems may occur later on. The virus will make you download other threats that can ruin your whole system (make it slower, for example). In addition, if you are tricked into thinking that the websites are legitimate, you might expose your vulnerable data like bank account details to cyber criminals.
How did my computer get infected with Browser Redirect Virus?
All Internet users are prone to downloading unwanted viruses. However, certain habits might prevent you from the majority of infections. For example, you should not open e-mail attachments that are spam (this virus is usually distributed in this way). Moreover, all cautious users should avoid P2P pages. You see, download bundles are very dangerous because they might carry a wide variety of malware in them. In addition, some people get infected because of fake system update warnings that can be spotted on corrupted webpages. After you uninstall Browser Redirect Virus, don’t forget to act safely on the Internet.
How to remove Browser Redirect Virus from my computer?
The virus is actually a rootkit, and it is extremely difficult to remove it. If you would like to do it manually, you can follow the steps that are given to you below the article. However, even though our security team made the instructions as simple as possible, they are still quite complicated to the majority of users. Consequently, our experts recommend you to implement Browser Redirect Virus removal automatically with a professional and up-to-date security application.
Delete Browser Redirect Virus
Make all the files and folders visible
1. Open any folder.
2. Click Organize.
3. Choose Folder and search options.
4. Press View.
5. Click Show hidden file, folders, and drives.
Enable Boot Log
1. Open Windows menu and type “run”.
2. When the Run command appears, type “msconfig” and press Enter.
3. Press “boot” and choose Boot log.
4. Click OK and reboot your system.
Remove TDSSserv.sys from the System Configuration
1. Open Windows menu.
2. Type “run”.
3. In the Run command line, type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
4. Choose the View tab and press Show hidden devices.
5. Expand non-plug and play drivers.
6. In the list, find “TDSSserv.sys”.
7. Right-click on it and remove it. Don’t reboot your system yet.
Clean the Windows registry
1. Go to Windows menu and type “regedit”.
2. Press Enter.
3. Click Edit and press Find.
4. In the Find window, type “TDSS” and click Find Next.
5. Remove all the registry values/keys that are related to TDSS.
1. Now you have to open the folder C:WindowsSystem32.
2. Find the file and remove it.
Delete TDSS associated strings from ntbtlog.txt
1. Go to C:Windows directory.
2. Open ntbtlog.txt.
3. Press Edit and choose Find.
4. Find all the files that contain TDSS.
5. Remove them.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Browser Redirect VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Browser Redirect Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Browser Redirect Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Browser Redirect Virus and related programs.
Remove Browser Redirect Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Browser Redirect Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Browser Redirect Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Browser Redirect Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Browser Redirect Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Browser Redirect Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Browser Redirect Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Browser Redirect Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Browser Redirect Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Browser Redirect Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.