What is Cerber Ransomware?
Cerber Ransomware is very similar to Locky Ransomware and some other harmful programs that belong to this category. The parasite spreads online through zip archives and MS Word documents sent out as spam email attachments. Once inside, it starts its malign data encryption process. The data that it corrupts cannot be access by you any longer. The infection then demands that you pay the so-called ransom, if you want to recover your files. Needless to say, you cannot trust the cyber criminals. We advise that you disregard their instructions and delete Cerber Ransomware from your PC as soon as you can.
How does Cerber Ransomware work?
The instructions that come from the cyber criminals state that your files are encrypted with RSA-2048 and AES-128 ciphers and that the only way to restore them is by using the private key and the decrypt program. The price of the key and program is set to 0.5 Bitcoin, which is about 285 USD. You should not pay the hackers, because you cannot be sure that they will actually help you restore your data. We advise that you try other file decryption methods and eliminate Cerber Ransomware from your system without further delay.
How to remove Cerber Ransomware?
There is no question that you need to get rid of Cerber Ransomware as soon as possible. You can terminate Cerber Ransomware with the help of a malware prevention and removal tool presented on our website. The utility will scan your computer and detect all harmful components. It will erase Cerber Ransomware in its entirety and make sure that there are no other infections in your system. In addition to Cerber Ransomware removal, the security software will also protect your PC from other online infections that you may encounter in the future. When it comes to your files, however, it is not enough to terminate Cerber Ransomware. After you clean your system, you will have to restore your data from backup or by using a file decryption tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cerber virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cerber virus. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Cerber virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete Cerber virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Cerber virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Cerber virus
Remove Cerber virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Cerber virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Cerber virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Cerber virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.