Chimera Virus Removal Tips (Delete Chimera Virus)
If you have ever heard about ransomware, you probably know that it is one of the most malicious Internet threats possible. It uses the techniques of threatening and intimidation, and this makes the users panic. Chimera Virus is one of those infections: it is considered to be ransomware that does a lot of harm to you and your personal computer.
Basically, it encrypts all your files, no matter which format they support, and demands a ransom (that’s where the name of the virus comes from) for the decryption of said files. In this case, some people actually pay the money but not always get the help promised. You don’t really need to remove Chimera Virus from your PC because, after its malicious task, it disappears itself. However, all the modifications are not restored after Chimera Virus removal. Our security team warns you to never pay the ransom to cyber criminals: instead, you should read everything about this virus in order to prevent its infiltration in future and recover the files that were damaged.
Why is Chimera Virus considered dangerous?
At the very moment Chimera Virus hijacks your computer, all your files are encrypted: in other words, you are not able to access them anymore. Once the personal files are encrypted (the ransomware damages zip, .dat, .png, .txt, .js, .gif, .html, .jpg, .ini, .mp3, and similar files), you can see a huge warning on your window. The warning is displayed on your web browser, which occupies the whole screen. The message says that your files will be decrypted if you pay a particular sum of money in bitcoins through Tor network. If is said that if you make this payment, you will be given the possibility to download software called Chimera Decrypter. The browser window is impossible to close unless you restart your PC or use the combination Alt+F4. You should know that the malware encrypts only personal files: this means that it does not touch the executable files. It should be noted that the ransomware attacks all user profiles, and the encrypted files have and ending .crypt. So, after the warning is gone, you are left with a bunch of unusable files.
How did I get infected with Chimera Virus?
This Trojan virus can be downloaded together with freeware from unreliable websites. Remember that many cyber infections come from corrupted pages, and surf more carefully in future. Also, the ransomware can attack you through spam emails if you open the infected attachment.
How to remove Chimera Virus from my personal PC?
Although you do not need to delete Chimera Virus from the PC, you have to get your old files back. For this task, you can try using a legitimate decryption program, which might help. Another way to restore them is having a backup in a USB flash or some other external device. Our team reminds you once again that it is not safe to pay the ransom: you may just lose the money for nothing. It is also obligatory to download a good security tool to uninstall Chimera Virus and all the viruses and prevent further infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Chimera VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Chimera Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Chimera Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Chimera Virus and related programs.
Remove Chimera Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Chimera Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Chimera Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Chimera Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Chimera Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Chimera Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Chimera Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Chimera Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Chimera Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Chimera Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.