Critroni Virus Removal Instructions
Critroni Virus, also known as CTB Virus, is classified as a ransomware application. It is used by its creators as a means of making easy profit off of computer users. The parasite spreads online using a variety of deceptive tactics like fake ads, spam emails, corrupted sites, and so on.
Once it gets access to your PC, it starts encrypting your data. It later demands that you pay a ransom, if you want to decrypt your files. We urge you not to follow the instructions provided by the cyber criminals, because there is no way you can trust them. Instead, you should remove Critroni Virus as soon as you can.
Critroni Virus was first released in July, 2014 and it is known to target all versions of Windows operating systems. The infection spreads with the help of fake advertisements, which appear on your screen when you visit unreliable sites, bogus or hacked pages, emails with malicious attachments, and more. Once the ransomware gets installed, it performs a system scan to detect your data files. It then encrypts these files and adds the CTB or CTB2 extension to them. The encrypted files are no longer accessible to the user.
The next step taken by the virus is informing you of the fact that your data has been corrupted and that in order to restore it you have to purchase a unique RSA key using Bitcoins. The price of the key may vary, but it is usually about $200-$300. The malware also threatens to destroy your files if you try to recover them without paying the ransom. You can access the list of all encrypted files by clicking on the View button. We do not recommend wasting your money on the cyber crooks. You should eliminate Critroni Virus from your computer and try other ways of restoring your data.
How to remove Critroni Virus?
There are several methods you can use in order to recover your files. You can restore them from your backup, implement file recovery software, or use Shadow Volume Copies feature. First, however, you need to delete Critroni Virus from your PC. The only way to fully uninstall Critroni Virus is by downloading a powerful anti-malware tool. You can acquire one from our page. It will scan your system, detect all malign components, and delete Critroni Virus completely. In addition to Critroni Virus removal, you will also be making sure that your computer stays safe in the future as the anti-malware comes with real-time online protection and other beneficial features.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Critroni RansomwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Critroni Ransomware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Critroni Ransomware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Critroni Ransomware and related programs.
Remove Critroni Ransomware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Critroni Ransomware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Critroni Ransomware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Critroni Ransomware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Critroni Ransomware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Critroni Ransomware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Critroni Ransomware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Critroni Ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Critroni Ransomware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Critroni Ransomware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.